Corney speaks - new video thing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading this post I wasn't expecting to take anything from the actual interview but I think it's a much better interview than this post lead me to believe. The highlights posted were kind of misleading, maybe due to how I read them

Ktf

Nah, it was a crap post. I didn't even mention the love scene.

Rob Purdie on that list.

Bring him back!

God, how many more times? He doesn't bloody exist. He never has. He's figment (or pigment) of someone's imagination. Actually, I hope you're not serious. As for the "some players will leave" comment. Of course they will. Players change clubs more often than they change their underwear these days. It's a fact of football life. It's not necessarily a plan by the club to start from scratch again once the revolving door stops spinning. If players want to leave, whether because their agent has decided they will, or they get better offers from another club, leave they will and we can't do a sodding thing about it. Except back the new squad and manegement team, whoever they may be.

SC should have just come out and said who wants to leave...and who he wants to keep.....

You're not serious? A right confidence drainer that would be. Player A knows that Player B doesn't want to be there; great for team harmony. Player C knows that SC doesn't want him; confidence shot and loses interest. Player D knows SC wants him; places him above Players B & C.

Once it's made public, it's a perfect opportunity for the pillocks amongst the fan base to give excessive grief to selected players, thus draining confidence further.

Just my opinion, like.

Yep and then everyone would boo that player and they would get hounded

They might still change their mind?

The agent might be playing a game so the club offer more money?

Who in the future would want to sign for us if we did that?

As long as they are here giving 100% I have no issue

I actually have more of a problem when we are in a scrap at the bottom of the league that Corney even mentioned it

I rate Furman but can a club like ours afford to see the captain jet off for international breaks? I know we get some money back but it's continuity & consistency that suffers so I think Furman moving on is best for club and player.

I wouldn't begrudge Mvoto going. Seems he turned offers down in the belief that we'd challenge but we haven't.

I wouldn't care if Simpson left. He has real ability but plays in the same role as Baxter & I'd rather have Jose.

I'm not worried about next year. Lots of players out of contract. Would like to see Smith giving 2more years.

Lets see who goes, and maybe if we get Dowie in, the players may stop on at the club.

I agree. It's all about ambition.

If players believe that the club is going somewhere and has a good core for the next season then more might be convinced to stay.

It's essential that, if we stay up, we can appoint a new manager quickly so that they can have time to assemble a team to replace some obvious losses. If we secure safety earlier than expected then it would be good to get a new manager in before the end of the season to possibly convince those who may question their future at the club to stay with us.

Build a squad from the one we have, refine it, get a good manager who will motivate and knows his tactics and who knows what can happen next season.

EDIT: I'm not calling for Dowie to come in as manager. Think he's way overrated even though that doesn't make him a good manager, lots of fans just overrate his talents and there's better out there.

Edited by NewBlue

Lets see who goes, and maybe if we get Dowie in, the players may stop on at the club.

Murray is the only player at the club who knows Dowie.

Dowie has no magical skills at this club that he hid in others.

Dowie is not God.

Just a couple of facts to help balance discussion.