Corney speaks - new video thing

These are the bits I noted very quickly. Want more detail or accuracy? Go and watch it yourself. I'm not your feckin secretary

* Delighted with cup run - amazing times

* PD going was a surprise (lost 9/10). TP has done a fantastic job

* TP not particularly comfortable with role. They speak every day & he's happy to stay in charge but doesn't want it next season

* Would ideally bring someone in but hard to find the right person

* Trying to find someone who fits in with TP's youth set up (TP has recommended a couple)

* The current squad is 'up there with best' at the moment. Players are confident and this

* Next year's contracts

* Talking to TP

* Fans know who we want to keep and don't want to keep

* 7 or 8 weeks ago there were players who we may not have wanted to keep but things change. However, you have to be careful not to get carried away and jim on a bandwagon

* A couple of player's agent have already said that they won't be staying - nothing you can do about that (it's not money but we're not going to break the bank)

* There are 4 or 5 that we're trying to tie down but if we have to start the next season with base of Cisak, Tarky, Wes, Montano then so be it. Would prefer continuation though.

* Obita staying for another month at least

* New stand

* Needs support

* Cup money will help

* Pretty certain that it'll go ahead

* Fans have been incredible and been a big part of recent form revival

* Where we'll be in 2 years

* New stand - wants to make sure we get it & is sure we will

* Champoiship football if we get the right manager hopefully

* If we go down then he thinks he's have to leave as he'd have failed.

With that, he and Gordon did the Harlem Shuffle and the footage faded out.

That last bit may not be true.

---

Edit for anyone you can't be bothered to find this widely available interview for themselves. Watch it. It will show you just how poor my summary is:

Edited by Twisbrogan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matty Smith will go as someone will pay him more a week than we can afford and good luck to him. If you don't give players longer contracts you will always get shafted. There is always the question now of who will be in the team next year. I suppose we support the name, the history and all it means to us but it would be nice to be able to recognise the squad!

Cisak will want to go and get first team football

Furman will step up a level I think and I think someone may take a gamble on Mvoto from the top of our league or higher.

I think we will keep Baxter for another year - I don;t think he has shown quite enough to get the big money move yet, could be wrong tho.

I am sure we will get rid of Simpson as a big earner who hasnt done it this season.

Croft I think could stay unless he wants too much money.

Matty Smith will go as someone will pay him more a week than we can afford and good luck to him. If you don't give players longer contracts you will always get shafted. There is always the question now of who will be in the team next year. I suppose we support the name, the history and all it means to us but it would be nice to be able to recognise the squad!

If someone wants to outbid us for Smith then fair enough I would rather we splashed out on more proven players - I personally think he may want to stay here to keep developing to be honest.

Hopefully we can limit the amount of leavers to 2 and replace them with quality.

With the money from the cup, momentum and feel good factor from new stand, the looks of a decent team and the prospect of a new manager all competing in a poor league we might have a realistic chance of challenging next season if we add to our team correctly.

I would be worried if it was M'Voto, though. Furman or Smith wouldn't bother me as much as they are both replaceable but finding a CB to big Jean's standard on money that suits us would be very difficult.

It really is time to build a good campaign otherwise we never will. Wouldn't say it's now or never but we're losing supporters every year and the only way to rectify that is to put some money into the team and manager and hope for a good season and a chance of promotion. We need something to happen sooner rather than later other than mid-table and bottom half finishes.

Edited by NewBlue

These are the bits I noted very quickly. Want more detail or accuracy? Go and watch it yourself. I'm not your feckin secretary

* Delighted with cup run - amazing times

* PD going was a surprise (lost 9/10). TP has done a fantastic job

* TP not particularly comfortable with role. They speak every day & he's happy to stay in charge but doesn't want it next season

* Would ideally bring someone in but hard to find the right person

* Trying to find someone who fits in with TP's youth set up (TP has recommended a couple)

* The current squad is 'up there with best' at the moment. Players are confident and this

* Next year's contracts

* Talking to TP

* Fans know who we want to keep and don't want to keep

* 7 or 8 weeks ago there were players who we may not have wanted to keep but things change. However, you have to be careful not to get carried away and jim on a bandwagon

* A couple of player's agent have already said that they won't be staying - nothing you can do about that (it's not money but we're not going to break the bank)

* There are 4 or 5 that we're trying to tie down but if we have to start the next season with base of Cisak, Tarky, Wes, Montano then so be it. Would prefer continuation though.

* Obita staying for another month at least

* New stand

* Needs support

* Cup money will help

* Pretty certain that it'll go ahead

* Fans have been incredible and been a big part of recent form revival

* Where we'll be in 2 years

* New stand - wants to make sure we get it & is sure we will

* Champoiship football if we get the right manager hopefully

* If we go down then he thinks he's have to leave as he'd have failed.

With that, he and Gordon did the Harlem Shuffle and the footage faded out.

That last bit may not be true.

That fills me with despair, we'll be bloody well starting from scratch yet again!

The cup money will be absorbed, another 'top' prospect will be plucked from the conveyor belt of failed managers and yet another mass team building job will be underway.

We need to keep the impetus going from this marvellous cup campaign. Get Dowie in and show some bloody ambition. Start being proactive rather than reactive, ( we always seem to find funds for players when we become desperate ) give the fans the belief that we actually have the desire to get into the championship.

I've been coming to BP since 1960 and the club is in my blood, but, if we have to start again from scratch and bring in yet another succession of loanees and passionless journeymen it is going to seriously test my resolve!

If someone wants to outbid us for Smith then fair enough I would rather we splashed out on more proven players - I personally think he may want to stay here to keep developing to be honest.

As a young, improving player with an attitude that never gets called into question I'd be very keen to sign Smith on improved (but not ridiculous, obviously) terms. Give him a 2 year contract with a release clause if and when the decent offers are made.

Edited by Twisbrogan

It is worrying. Got to hope the new manager is the kind who can persuade the likes of Smith, Furman, Baxter and Croft to stick around.

Simpson I'm undecided on. If he's a big earner then he's not done enough to earn a renewal. But I do feel there's a decent player in there, with the right manager. Can't see anyone else offering him big money.

To be honest coming round to same opinion of a lot re Corney. Doesnt know when to keep his mouth shut and build on what has been progress. Some would say open and honest but is he is he really when he always appears to get plenty of negatives into the discussion.

PD going wasnt a surprise as Dickov said on TV he had sat down with Corney before the Liverpool game and decision made then as better for him. Him staying would have been a surprise.

Will the players who have decided to leave care what happens in next 13 games? Hope they have professional pride but not many shown that early doors. Wish we didnt need to play them. Disgusted with Simpsons occasional contribution after he got a contract but partly wrong positions.

Baxter will be gone for a nominal fee to a Championship club and so be it as Corney will always take the offer... Simpson will go as he has already said only signed because of PD. Furman will have visions of AFCON greatness. Taylor, Winchester, Mellor, Grounds will be gone despite another year on contract. Croft will go to highest bidder. Cisak option so puts Bouzzy out if penny pinching however Cisak will slap a transfer request in and be gone..

Sounds like a ref to Smith but FFS what a thing to say clueless PR yet again. Got to say this short termism has massive knock on effects.

Relegated and would leave..... and still stand get built dont make me laugh.

Said in an interview we would survive with or without the cup run and a bonus SO USE IT to move forward.

Doubt if Winchester will go, he's still a good prospect. .

I would be worried if it was M'Voto, though. Furman or Smith wouldn't bother me as much as they are both replaceable but finding a CB to big Jean's standard on money that suits us would be very difficult.

It looks like Tarky is becoming first choice and I'm not worried that Cliff is going to lose any pace over the next 6 months. Not the worst pairing in the world

It looks like Tarky is becoming first choice and I'm not worried that Cliff is going to lose any pace over the next 6 months. Not the worst pairing in the world[/size]

"Not the worst pairing in the world"

That's not going to get us challenging. Weakening our team is what we desperately want to avoid.

"Not the worst pairing in the world"

That's not going to get us challenging. Weakening our team is what we desperately want to avoid.

OK, I think it's a decent 3rd division pairing, I'm not sure it's any worse all round than either of them with Big John. Cliff is a more organised defender than JYM and better defending on the ground, but not as good in the air. Neither of them can pass for :censored:. I like JYM but there will be others that can head a football available