Corney speaks - new video thing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am worried with the statement the agent told us some players will be leaving. I hope Matt Smith can stay here and Simpson. Corney when you leave us when the time is right you can leave with your head high up, with out him there is no football club.

Edited by oafc_fan

If we are to lose Baxter , Crofty , Simpson , Furman etc .......it would be utterly demoralising.

I for one have no intention of paying this type of money to watch a team full of our young prospects (Tarks & Winchester excepted) most of them are a million miles away from first team level imo.

Players already deciding to leave ?????? Let's home we soon get the points to stay up , I wouldn't want to be relying on these type of players to save our clubcome the last couple of games.

Does anyone know where the thread the somebody created with each of the players contract situation was recorded as they signed it? Very complrehensive.

LEts face it though, if we had been told a few weeks ago that we were going to lose quite a few players in the close season, we would have signing from the rooftops.

If we are to lose Baxter , Crofty , Simpson , Furman etc .......it would be utterly demoralising.

I for one have no intention of paying this type of money to watch a team full of our young prospects (Tarks & Winchester excepted) most of them are a million miles away from first team level imo.

Players already deciding to leave ?????? Let's home we soon get the points to stay up , I wouldn't want to be relying on these type of players to save our clubcome the last couple of games.

I would not read too much into it, The agents of these players are trying to secure the best possible deal so he (the agent) makes as much as he can with doing little or no work. Agents are scum who are taking money from the game. I understand that some footballers are not the sharpest tools in the box, and therefore need some advice, but the majority now are far better educated and could look after their own affairs without paying a leech.

Does anyone know where the thread the somebody created with each of the players contract situation was recorded as they signed it? Very complrehensive.

LEts face it though, if we had been told a few weeks ago that we were going to lose quite a few players in the close season, we would have signing from the rooftops.

This may be useful - 16 out of contract; (ignore the values)

http://www.transferm...s_GB3_2013.html

Edited by BP1960

Here's what I have from the signings last summer and other information:

Contracted to summer 2015: Baxter

Contracted to summer 2014: Grounds, Montano and Wesolowski

Contracted to this summer, but with a one year option to extend: Cisak and Belezika

Everyone else is out of contract. Although I wouldn't be surprised if we have options on one or two more (e.g. Brown).

Not accurate is it? Tarky? Paul Murray Midfield, 36 Years 175.000 £

200.000 € - Lee Croft Midfield, 27 Years 650.000 £

750.000 € SEM Group plc. - Dean Furman Midfield, 24 Years 225.000 £

250.000 € Azzunto AG - Cliff Byrne Defence, 30 Years 275.000 £

300.000 € - Dean Bouzanis Goalkeeper, 22 Years 75.000 £

75.000 € - Robbie Simpson Striker, 27 Years 300.000 £

350.000 € - Jean-Yves M'voto Defence, 24 Years 250.000 £

275.000 € - Matt Smith Striker, 23 Years 50.000 £

50.000 € - Liam Jacob Goalkeeper, 18 Years 0 - Kirk Millar Striker, 20 Years 50.000 £

50.000 € - Carl Winchester Defence, 19 Years 75.000 £

75.000 € - James Tarkowski Defence, 20 Years 50.000 £

50.000 € - Connor Hughes Midfield, 19 Years 0 - David Mellor Midfield, 19 Years 100.000 £

100.000 € - Glenn Belezika Defence, 18 Years 0 ISI/MARNEB -

Ignore the values, the contracts look ok

So what if a few leave?

Six to Eight week ago, - as corney said - who would you have kept? Because at the time all i seem to read on here (quite rightly) was how poor the majority of players were for the majority of the time. A few great results an suddenly we dare not lose anyone??

People talk about momentum for next year, sorry what? The same momentum that last year saw us keep ciask, m'voto, tarky, wes, furman, simpson, smith, the spine of the side basically- and where are we in the league this time?

The reaction on here is like if a few key players leave we're doomed. Far from it- the same key players haven't taken us to new heights(despite their Quality) I rate the potential leavers, m'voto, furman, croft, maybe a couple more, but players move on.

Next season ( providing we stay up) we could very possibly have a base of boozy, tarky, grounds, brown, wes, montano, winchester, baxter, smith.

Ok some on the list may change but i don't have one iota of problem going with that lot, 2/3 qulity additions, a new man charge, a new stand hopefully on the way and our KEY players long forgotten replaced by new KEY players.

I think he's more likely to be in the 4 or 5 to keep. Clearly Furman is one of them but I think the other is one of M'Voto, Smith or Croft.

I've taken it as Furman and Smith who's agents have said they're going.

i think we've a chance on Croft and Big Jean.

I hate the revolving door situation season on season just as much as the next man, but as others have said - players come and players go. We replace them with more, they might turn out to be better options.........we just wait as usual to see what happens come pre-season

Edited by slystallone

That fills me with despair, we'll be bloody well starting from scratch yet again!

The cup money will be absorbed, another 'top' prospect will be plucked from the conveyor belt of failed managers and yet another mass team building job will be underway.

We need to keep the impetus going from this marvellous cup campaign. Get Dowie in and show some bloody ambition. Start being proactive rather than reactive, ( we always seem to find funds for players when we become desperate ) give the fans the belief that we actually have the desire to get into the championship.

I've been coming to BP since 1960 and the club is in my blood, but, if we have to start again from scratch and bring in yet another succession of loanees and passionless journeymen it is going to seriously test my resolve!

Unfortunately this isn't going to happen because the club has decided to keep the youth system, and future teams will have to contain a sprinkling of our youth players whether they are good enough or not. SC has said as much in his comments on bringing in a new manager.He said it's proving difficult to find the right man who will want to carry out the clubs policy on youth. If this were the 1st season of this policy we could have expected Winchester, Mellor and Millar to be regulars. Barrry Owen's comments when asking fans for their opinions on the youth system were that we may have to put up with a relegation now and then.

Corney has said relegation would be a disaster for the club so I can't see him putting up with a relegation or two...............I've said before that if the club is just happy to stay in this division and have no real ambition to get higher they may as well close the bloody doors now.

Without hope, expectation, and ambition there really is no point prolonging the agony!!!

If that proves to be the case then I ( a fan of more than 50years ) and many others will stop going all together.

Unfortunately this isn't going to happen because the club has decided to keep the youth system, and future teams will have to contain a sprinkling of our youth players whether they are good enough or not. SC has said as much in his comments on bringing in a new manager.He said it's proving difficult to find the right man who will want to carry out the clubs policy on youth. If this were the 1st season of this policy we could have expected Winchester, Mellor and Millar to be regulars. Barrry Owen's comments when asking fans for their opinions on the youth system were that we may have to put up with a relegation now and then.

So keeping the youth system = no desire to get into championship? Most of the better players in recent years from the youth have had enough talent to be in our first team squad and by the reading what some people have put on here, that'll continue if you read some of the reviews members have posted about certain youth players on here.

I don't find any of that unfortunate. When faced with the possibility of axing the youth set up, it became apparent just how much a backward step for the club that would be. It could mean success and failures in equal measure - all depends on the coaching and management of the players as they reach the first team.

I was encouraged when SC mentioned that TP was being asked for his thoughts on the new manager and how key it was that he would have to work with the talent that TP provides.

I've taken it as Furman and Smith who's agents have said they're going.

i think we've a chance on Croft and Big Jean.

I hate the revolving door situation season on season just as much as the next man, but as others have said - players come and players go. We replace them with more, they might turn out to be better options.........we just wait as usual to see what happens come pre-season

I have heard it is them from a HP!

I don't find any of that unfortunate. When faced with the possibility of axing the youth set up, it became apparent just how much a backward step for the club that would be. It could mean success and failures in equal measure - all depends on the coaching and management of the players as they reach the first team.

I was encouraged when SC mentioned that TP was being asked for his thoughts on the new manager and how key it was that he would have to work with the talent that TP provides.

This was the key thing in the interview for me.

Everything else was non-news; we knew players would leave, we knew they were planning on breaking ground on the stand in the summer and we knew Corney wasn't rushing to appoint a manager.

Philliskirk being involved in the new manager's appointment is absolutely crucial to the development of the youth policy we have (quite rightly) committed to. I'd go as far as to say Philliskirk is - hopefully - going to be the key man at this club for the next decade.