Pitch inspection tomorrow

As soon as the ground is in shade it is almost certain to freeze in these temperatures .....save it for another day & we can watch Barca v Milan & Cheltenham Day1 recorded.

Could be a case of waiting for the call, game off, a quick half day holiday, straight to the pub, full Cheltenham afternoon, sorted. My main fancy of the day, The Druids Nephew, last race.

Problem is that the inspection is at 12 and the best part of the day is afternoon.

Hope we don't have a situation where it's called off too early and the pitch is playable later.

We could really do with playing and getting 3 points tomorrow, we could find ourselves out of touch if not and results go against us.

All right having games in hand but in our position give me 4 or 5 points rather than 3 games in hand any time.

Edited by losesome

At my local golf course on the Fylde today, which admittedly doesn't get as cold as Oldham, the ground was hard with frost until about 12-1 pm (couldn't get my tee in), when it thawed out rapidly. Plus the area in fromt of the main stand that gets no sun, it doesn't look hopeful.

Trouble is the pitch is already rock hard and bumpy. Don't know why they haven't been watering it the last few games, unless the groundsman thinks it will make it worse. (I thought that the manager decided whether he wanted it watering or not.)

Not sure if its true some people said we have not had the covers on which i do no believe for one moment. I think it be on myself have we dont have many free Tuesday left however being selfish i cannot get the night of work and if resceduled for another Tuesday am free wont complain.

When is Smith's scan? If it is today I'd get him in before the decision is made. If Smith is out for a week or so then call it off and he could be back in time for the re-arranged game, if he is out longer term then we might as well play tonight.,