Going down

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks increasingly likely that it's between us and Scunny for the lasy relegation place (I've got Bury, Portsmouth definately down and Hertlepool down if we win on Tuesday). Look at Scunnys remaining fixtures and it looks a lot tougher than ours.

Irrelevant. It comes down to who wants it more and it ain't Latics, on recent performances.

Apologies if I’m repeating opinions already expressed on this thread.

I think it’s fair to say it’s bye-bye League One.

I never really believed the theory that players don’t try, but recently I think I’ve been confusing effort with petulance. The Baxter penalty struck me as being a massive middle finger up to the fans.

To the vast majority of the players – with Latics as your platform, you’ve had your exposure on the television and will probably make a lot of money out of your impending summer move, but if you can’t be arsed when the club that gave you the platform needs you most, then kindly f**k off so we can give opportunities to other players, who might give it their all - y'know like you did when the TV cameras were in town.

One of the attractions to moving up north (Liverpool - not exactly round the corner from BP...) for me was be able to have a season ticket. After a year it’s already become a chore and I take my hat off to those who have been watching this dross for a number of years.

Hartlepool on Tuesday? You can forget it...

Season ticket next season? Unlikely, the way I’m feeling now...

And before we all point the finger at Corney, as is usually the way after another inept defeat, it him who backed the management, yet it was the management who has assembled this bunch of completely self-serving no marks.

The Cup performance ,enjoyable as they were , show how clearly today & lots of others are unacceptable.

But they appear to show no desire nor any fear of punishment or admonishment from manaagement or board.

What a great day to mention the end of year awards dinner ....being able to spend time with this shower.

The nomination for worst performance of the season ........14 or 15 home games read out .....

Really? Worse than 'headless chickens' croft and brown? Hmm all about opinions innit...

There were many to pick from today. He may have done fewer bad things than some, mainly because he doesn't do anything. I can't think of anything good he brings to the team. On the rare occasions he jumps he makes himself shorter.

35 years of supporting this club and today is the lowest.

Ok, we have three games in hand, win them 3 and we are in a good position.

We have the best run in if you look at who's left to play

BUT

We haven't got anyone with the balls to fight. Most of them will walk away from the club in the summer.

I would give a better fight than anyone in the squad, even with my dodgy knees.

Edited by bubblehead

Wesolowski today looked as though he was trying to play the role that we all wanted Furman to play when he was here.

Edge of the box passing and shooting from that sort of distance and running around everywhere.

Yes, he was pretty poor today but he is never going to be able to do that job that Furman had the ability to play in but never fulfilled.

-

Umpalumpa our best player. FFS he was the worst best player on the pitch.in an Oldham shirt.

I have corrected it for you as you obviously was not at the same match.

He is :censored: week in week out but won every header today and nobody was there to pick the ball up.

By the sounds of it we was shocking today, but our last 3 games have been against teams chasing automatic promotion (granted no excuse for pathetic performances). If the performances are as bad as recently against Hartlepool & Shrewsbury and we pick up less than 3 points then start worrying about relegation..

I have corrected it for you as you obviously was not at the same match.

He is :censored: week in week out but won every header today and nobody was there to pick the ball up.

Not sure about that. He only actually 'won headers' about three times the whole game. The rest of the time he either tried to chest it off to someone who wasn't there, or the ball just bounced off him. The fastest he moved was when he ran off down the tunnel at half time.

He's big, yes. He's experienced, yes. These days, he's little else.

By the sounds of it we was shocking today, but our last 3 games have been against teams chasing automatic promotion (granted no excuse for pathetic performances). If the performances are as bad as recently against Hartlepool & Shrewsbury and we pick up less than 3 points then start worrying about relegation..

Shocking isn't the word.....we were weak!

Bournemouth were no great shakes, but won fairly comfortably, as have numerous sides this season without extending themselves.

Our home form has been appalling, and is a major factor of the trouble we find ourselves in.

Not sure about that. He only actually 'won headers' about three times the whole game. The rest of the time he either tried to chest it off to someone who wasn't there, or the ball just bounced off him. The fastest he moved was when he ran off down the tunnel at half time.

He's big, yes. He's experienced, yes. These days, he's little else.

He only won 3 headers???

Ok then.

Whatever!

If your argument is making up bull:censored: then I cant prove you wrong, sorry!

There was only one team out there today and that is why we lost. I didn't expect much but I hoped we would score or perform well enough to suggest that we could win on Tuesday. It rather looks like it is four from the bottom five to go down. Bury and Portsmouth look like going down and a win on Tuesday should give us a big enough cushion over Hartlepool and then it would look like us or Scunthorpe to stay up. Can't see where a goal is going to come from.

Couldn't argue about the starting 11 but I felt the substitutions should have been used to change our shape and not just like for like. I felt their keeper was aware of the Baxter dink so he didn't fully commit to going right and when Baxter did the expected made the save. Will make arrangements so I can drown my sorrows on Tuesday.