If its true - Press conference tomorrow

Looks to be a 50/50 chance.

All reports (Sky, Telegraph) reporting Lee Johnson, but i believe that these just spiral, only takes one.

Phil Brown being in the directors box yesterday (100% true?) seems a big indicator, and not coincidental to me.

If i had to plump for who i THINK it will be, it'll be Brown, cant see even Corney appointing someone so inexperienced plus what evidence is there bar a few newspaper reports.

Looks to be a 50/50 chance.

All reports (Sky, Telegraph) reporting Lee Johnson, but i believe that these just spiral, only takes one.

Phil Brown being in the directors box yesterday (100% true?) seems a big indicator, and not coincidental to me.

If i had to plump for who i THINK it will be, it'll be Brown, cant see even Corney appointing someone so inexperienced plus what evidence is there bar a few newspaper reports.

I think you will see all the hoohaa on the other thread. :titanic:

Have the feeling it might be Brown and Horton.

Gut Feeling, nothing more.

Weird ain't it - was gutted at the thought yesterday when heard he was in directors box but would now be very relieved to say the least!

Can we afford Brian Horton too though - seems an expensive option to me?

Wasn't wage demands reason for breakdown of Hartlepool talks?

Not being funny but every penny pumped into the club from myself has been hard earned and tbh has been money I cannot afford. I get a lot of 'stick' from people saying why you pay so much to go watch Oldham and I reply saying I love the spirit, atmosphere and live games. I make special arrangments to come home just to watch Oldham, that includes train, entrance fee etc and work out at a lot. If we appoint this lee Johnson guy who has no experience then I can no longer pay to go. Ive seen the crap at the end of the Sheridan reign, the penney season, the 3 dickov eras and the relegation scrap we are in now. But this is a joke!

Ive seen the crap at the end of the Sheridan reign, the penney season, the 3 dickov eras and the relegation scrap we are in now. But this is a joke!

You're assuming he'll come in and play :censored: football.

Why?

I'd expect Corney would only bring in somebody who can guarantee entertainment after the last few appointments have provided us with utter dross which along with some other reasons have resulted in us losing hoards of fans. He must have learnt.

It's a bit of a joke at the moment but who knows what could happen. It's worth giving him a chance to put a team together and see what his philosophy is.

Edited by NewBlue

If it is Johnson, then as with all things Latics its about doing everything on the cheap as usual! No stand, no captain, no exprienced manager, no scoreboard, no players on long term contracts, no decent website, no decent bogs, no food, no decent carpark, no paint and clearly no idea!

I'd expect Corney would only bring in somebody who can guarantee entertainment after the last few appointments have provided us with utter dross which along with some other reasons have resulted in us losing hoards of fans. He must have learnt.

I am sure all the managers that Corney has appointed guaranteed him good stuff and they didnt deliver so dont see why Lee Johnson should be any different in that sense.

The problem is logic says get someone in who can hopefully save us from the drop and looking back we did that with Ronnie Moore who had a decent record in the lower leagues. Johnson is a rookie and it just does not seem to be the right time for such a gamble is he is the man that Corney is going to appoint.

Edited by drphibes

The New manager will be given till the end of the season only.

Who ever it is love him or hate him, we got to get beside him and the club. I know most of fans will surely be angry towards the board and Corney.

Honestly mate... This and then threads about protesting?

Have a think before posting more. Been down this road before. Give it a day or 2.

This is not the time to experiment.

If grown men can't motivate this bunch of cowards, then how on earth can a 31 year old rookie?

All that unexpected FA Cup cup money and Corney opts for the cheap option.

Seriously contemplating not going to BP again this season. I'll opt for the cheap option and read second-hand LP commentary on owtb chat instead.

:censored: you Corney. Not happy.

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

This is not the time to experiment.

If grown men can't motivate this bunch of cowards, then how on earth can a 31 year old rookie?

All that unexpected FA Cup cup money and Corney opts for the cheap option.

Seriously contemplating not going to BP again this season. I'll opt for the cheap option and read second-hand LP commentary on owtb chat instead.

:censored: you Corney. Not happy.

I'm 28 and I'd consider myself a grown man.

It isn't the time to be experimenting though.