Car broken into on Westhulme Ave

I didn't consider reporting pointless. It didn't take that long. And even if nothing ever comes of it, which it probably won't, at least there might be some value in the statistics that politicians tout about. If nobody bothered, it'd look like we live in a crime free society - think how governments can save money then.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police are obviously aware, shame they don't choose to do something about it. Plenty of resources for speed traps, robbery too much like hard work.

Police bashing posts like this really get on my :censored:ing tits.

Magic Mikey, do you honestly think that if a passing police patrol saw somebody breaking into a car they'd simply ignore it, keep driving, and then go and set up a speed trap somewhere instead? Really? How about blaming the scumbag that did it instead of the police for not stopping him do it?

Perhaps you and Monty Burns could run for Police Commisioner next time round and then you could pay for a couple of bobbies to stand on Westhulme Avenue all night. Oh, hang on, that'd mean actually doing something constructive rather than spouting utter bollocks on here.

And i'm sorry to hear about your car Sarah. Like you say though, had we been beaten as well, you'd be really pissed off :grin: .

Edited by Break The Silence

I didn't consider reporting pointless. It didn't take that long. And even if nothing ever comes of it, which it probably won't, at least there might be some value in the statistics that politicians tout about. If nobody bothered, it'd look like we live in a crime free society - think how governments can save money then.

Governments don't have any money to save. The have money that they take from taxpayers who live in the vague (and probably vain) hope that they will spend it wisely.

Edited by Dave_Og

Magic Mikey, do you honestly think that if a passing police patrol saw somebody breaking into a car they'd simply ignore it, keep driving, and then go and set up a speed trap somewhere instead? Really? How about blaming the scumbag that did it instead of the police for not stopping him do it?

Perhaps you and Monty Burns could run for Police Commisioner next time round and then you could pay for a couple of bobbies to stand on Westhulme Avenue all night. Oh, hang on, that'd mean actually doing something constructive rather than spouting utter bollocks on here.

And i'm sorry to hear about your car Sarah. Like you say though, had we been beaten as well, you'd be really pissed off :grin: .

I didn't say that. There has been an attitude expressed on this thread of why even bother reporting it to the police. Anecdotally we know they will do :censored: all. My point is, if they can set speed traps why not put surveillance on a crime hot spot during match time and catch the little twats?

I didn't say that. There has been an attitude expressed on this thread of why even bother reporting it to the police. Anecdotally we know they will do :censored: all. My point is, if they can set speed traps why not put surveillance on a crime hot spot during match time and catch the little twats?

Apologies for the rant in that case. I obviously misunderstood the tone of your post.

Instead of surveillance, why not try snipers? :wink: .

Why are you so arsed?!

Edited by welshgaz

these people, where probably from the nearby estate? the police have had- plenty of eye witness reports, of the culprits" over the last 3 seasons..... lets just say- if they really sorted the problem- it could somehow" lead to tension" which would be a hot-potato. so it will go on........ park- elsewhere.

Apologies for the rant in that case. I obviously misunderstood the tone of your post.

Instead of surveillance, why not try snipers? :wink: .

Touchy subject for me. As I posted on here at the time I came home the first Everton game to find my house burgled, I have been disappointed with the police attitude. When they rang me to tell me my case was closed I asked if that meant they had caught them, cue laughter down the line.

Snipers hmmmmmm. :pow:

Why are you so arsed?!

I just think they get a lot of unnecessary stick, that's all. I was on the wrong end of a particularly nasty car crash last year, and the other driver didn't stop, leaving me and my car smashed to bits in the middle of a busy junction. The police were brilliant, couldn't have asked for more.

I just think they get a lot of unnecessary stick, that's all. I was on the wrong end of a particularly nasty car crash last year, and the other driver didn't stop, leaving me and my car smashed to bits in the middle of a busy junction. The police were brilliant, couldn't have asked for more.

No stick that they get is un-necessary.

I'm unreasonable, but I tar every last one of them with the same brush.

I'm with you on this, something odd about someone who wants to be a copper. Plus I was brought up in the 80s and taught not to trust the instruments of state oppression. My brother in law is now a copper, he's alright but I guess he's the exception that proves the rule.

Ohh yeah. Its partly my fault when they tell us every year that crime is down! Its happened to me three times, though not there. Although it did happen to my brother a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...