Ultras to Rock Colchester!

What I can deduce fron this is:

1) If there's 10,000 people, in one stand all doing the same thing it looks brilliant.

2) If there's about 25 people doing it with everyone else looking a bit bemused it'll look :censored:.

3) Those cheerleaders really are a bit odd. Going to a football game to conduct football chants, rather than actually watching the game. Each to their own I suppose.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im all for fans signing and creating an atmosphere at boundary park but all this organised ultra show of coloured cards, flags, banners and scarf swinging is just not the traditional British norm for me and after all latics is a traditional British club...

the atmosphere at forest, liverpool and everton was fantastic but lets face it, it was either a full house or a packed out away end that produced that atmosphere.. a small group of "young teens lead by a german" waving anti fascism flags and holding banners from foreign clubs who have no connection to latics i.e St Pauli isnt going to produce the atmosphere that was at forest, liverpool or everton

now on to the political side of things...

i think it is in the best interest of the club and the fans to keep politics out of football... look at all the trouble politics causes in the Scottish and Irish league.. there would be an uproar on here and in the local press if some "English" bloke was planning to encourage right-wing ideas and holding up right wing banners along side of creating "atmosphere"

Just been told to pass a message on so here it is...

" St Pauli should not be tolerated in Oldham, they sing song's in support of the IRA, we should not support them and there attempts to impose communist views at Oldham games "

Don't shoot the messenger

Further more I have been informed St Pauli have links with FC United

" St Pauli should not be tolerated in Oldham, they sing song's in support of the IRA, we should not support them and there attempts to impose communist views at Oldham games "

Apologies if I missed it, but do we have a link with St Pauli beyond one ex pat with a political axe to grind and a mission to impose his favoured style of support on a club he doesn't even frequently attend?

Apologies if I missed it, but do we have a link with St Pauli beyond one ex pat with a political axe to grind and a mission to impose his favoured style of support on a club he doesn't even frequently attend?

This is how these things start, sending flags over etc, we don't them coming over to our games as a result of it...

I'm all for it, role on monday :)

What role do you have on Monday?

Ha ha, you teachers just can't switch off eh MM? You must be appalled at some of the spelling and grammar on here. Detention all around :grin: .

PS. I'm going to a 1970's fancy dress part tonight. Can I borrow your tweed jacket and sandals?

That's the way I've read it.

Ha ha, you teachers just can't switch off eh MM? You must be appalled at some of the spelling and grammar on here. Detention all around :grin: .

PS. I'm going to a 1970's fancy dress part tonight. Can I borrow your tweed jacket and sandals?

I am just against homophonia, the BBC are doing a straw poll at BP on Monday for an article on homophonia in football, it is particularly bad in small northern towns apparently.

I'll get the jacket over to you, I just need to put some dubbin on the elbow patches.

This is how these things start, sending flags over etc, we don't them coming over to our games as a result of it...

Incidentally, why not? What things? What the :censored: are you going on about?

What does this mean?

So what?

Look, if some lad wants to think he can change the world for the better - so be it (I thought like he did when I was 16 - 17, he'll soon understand it doesn't all quite work that way). You don't have to vote for it, you don't have to fight against it, you don't have to do anything, there's not going to be a communist invasion. :censored: me, get over it - it's :censored: all.

Guest Scratch2000uk

What does this mean?

So what?

Look, if some lad wants to think he can change the world for the better - so be it (I thought like he did when I was 16 - 17, he'll soon understand it doesn't all quite work that way). You don't have to vote for it, you don't have to fight against it, you don't have to do anything, there's not going to be a communist invasion. :censored: me, get over it - it's :censored: all.

Yeah, we have enough commies already. :lol:

I think this thread sums up the English culture of people having a moan for no reason perfectly. Who gives a :censored: if someone wants to start up an ultras its not compulsory. If you dont like it get a good old British atmosphere going. Why not pay to go in the away end and have a scrap if you miss the good old days on the English terraces?

Bloody forriners, comin' over 'ere, tekin' us football clubs!

*Just reading through some of the previous posts, :censored:ing hell this is one drab crowd.

St. Pauli and the IRA... What the actual :censored: are you on about?

Edited by GuyGermanLatic