Ultras to Rock Colchester!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody forriners, comin' over 'ere, tekin' us football clubs!

*Just reading through some of the previous posts, :censored:ing hell this is one drab crowd.

St. Pauli and the IRA... What the actual :censored: are you on about?

There appears to be a link between Celtic and St Pauli (when do they find time to support their own club?) So it is feasible IRA sympathetic chants could arise, especially if they are copying the chant not knowing the meaning.

Bloody forriners, comin' over 'ere, tekin' us football clubs!

*Just reading through some of the previous posts, :censored:ing hell this is one drab crowd.

St. Pauli and the IRA... What the actual :censored: are you on about?

...and furthermore promote your blog properly - there's only so much I can take on this Oldham Athletic football forum. I don't mind the odd link here or there, but let people make their own minds up without shoving it down their throats on an Oldham Athletic football forum.

Just been told to pass a message on so here it is...

" St Pauli should not be tolerated in Oldham, they sing song's in support of the IRA, we should not support them and there attempts to impose communist views at Oldham games "

Don't shoot the messenger

Further more I have been informed St Pauli have links with FC United

"Been told"? Is this person incapable of posting himself. Do you agree with that? Seems very strange that, but there y'go.

As for "shouldn't be tolerated". I've heard plenty of Oldham fans singing pro-UDA songs so should that be tolerated instead? For me it's both bollocks but clearly I don't think it's this hard angle that Guy German Latic is proposing.

Look, if some lad wants to think he can change the world for the better - so be it (I thought like he did when I was 16 - 17, he'll soon understand it doesn't all quite work that way). You don't have to vote for it, you don't have to fight against it, you don't have to do anything, there's not going to be a communist invasion. :censored: me, get over it - it's :censored: all.

I get that. German Latic is condescending though and it's his preachy self righteous approach that's probably wound people (me) up.

I firstly want to start by giving the fans a huge thank you for supporting us through Facebook, our new blog and in person. It's been brilliant!

Anyway, we plan on really kicking things off at Colchester. The article below is what has been written for the OA95 Ultras website in preparation for the Easter Monday game (come on, weather!) which I wanted to share with you all. The more who know the better it should be - fingers crossed.

With our ideology moving away from the hooliganism of the FYC, we want to bring in the anti-racist, fan-friendly atmosphere which is enjoyed across Europe and by several clubs in England.

This article is disappointing and really reflects one of the many things we want to change. Although this match will be our "debut," there's no limits as to where we can go with this and hope to truly transform the club.

Anti-racism, fan-friendly and a damn sight better than any club in the league!

I know where you're coming from, but its not me thanks.

Need some vocal support for the biggest game of our season on Monday so hope as many people can attend and make a noise.

As for this nonsense of politicising the aims of a group of lads wanting to make BP more atmospheric, it's just a load of old cynics.

If it works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't. Undermining the whole thing before it begins is just an example of those moaners who will complain about anything yet not try to get an atmosphere going themselves.

If you genuinely believe it's about politics then you need to think again. And it won't be chanting like Germans do or jumping about like Germans do. It will be singing like has always happened at English clubs, just hopefully louder with more fans and for longer in the game.

I don't understand how anybody can complain about the intentions of this.

Here's a idea, why don't we all go to the game and get behind our team, other teams and politics can just f*ck off!

You know I think this might catch on; let's give this a go on Monday and in all our games left this season and for future seasons.

Oldham were once known as the third most right wing football hooligans in Great Britain behind 1) Rangers and 2) Chelsea, Oldham and Chelsea were also known to be involved in the "Rangers riot" in Manchester. Most of Oldham's lads were involved in the far right C18 and during the Oldham riots of 2001 other right wing groups descended on Oldham, with the sole aim of causing trouble with Oldham's Asian population. It's well known that Oldham's FYC hooligan element has decreased over the last decade because the majority of them turned to the Right Wing Cause and served jail time.

I can't imagine the remaining few are gonna take too kindly to a Left Wing German (Ex Pat) FC(SC)UM IRA lover jumping up and down beating his political left wing drum.

"Let's all get behind the lads and sing to get the atmopshere going, what's the need for an ultra!?" - says a man that sits in the Main Stand with no intention of singing at all during the game and quite frankly, if he really wanted to sing, he'd sit in the RRE and sing, regardless of who it was with.

Some of you guys on here will never be happy, we could be top of the prem having just beaten Barcelona in the champions league without conceding at all whilst bagging 5 and you'd still moan that it wasn't 6. It seems, some people will moan about anything and everything, its like they thrive of it. Let Guy do his thing, no intention of imposing his political views (and no chance on some of the idiots in the RRE who don't even know the meaning of the world 'politics'), let him try and create some sort of atmosphere at BP in which, off the back of an away draw at promotion chasing swindon, could be our biggest game of the season. If it works, so be it, let's keep it going, if not, who cares? Atleast he's tried to have an impact. As for the scarves and banner in my opinion, they're more aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks for the support.

Look forward to Monday! :OASISscarf:

Here's a idea, why don't we all go to the game and get behind our team, other teams and politics can just f*ck off!

I said we take an anti-racist stance and the :censored: offs brought politics into it.