Ultras to Rock Colchester!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being told when and what to sing, what to wear, when to raise a scarf and wave it....when to stand, when to sit.

Meh. My idea of hell at the football.

Just out of interest and no judgements passed, have you ever been to a match and sat with or at least near a genuine ultra group abroad?

Yeah. Went in the Rapid Vienna away end at derby at Austria Vienna a few years ago. Stood and bounced on temporary stands and made a noise akin to the songs! Quite enjoyed it. But not a fan if the cheerleaders at front

And they seemed most interests and alarmed when I took to kissing my Latics pin badge ( no ready btw but freaked a few out in the tram home as well!- before scary owl!). Oddly happened to be at return match same season and joined the Austria Vienna away fans..... Great pre match entertainment laid on outside to diffuse the tension. Beer tents, food and oompah band! Can see that in smear park!!

Rayo Vallecano in Madrid have small yet noisy contingent and plenty of flags and colour and it works.

Good luck. Anything has to be better .

Out of curiosity, by who?

I looked over a few things with people interested in introducing something new. They liked that are wanted to try it. Beats the huddle :censored:e.

Yeah. Went in the Rapid Vienna away end at derby at Austria Vienna a few years ago. Stood and bounced on temporary stands and made a noise akin to the songs! Quite enjoyed it. But not a fan if the cheerleaders at front

And they seemed most interests and alarmed when I took to kissing my Latics pin badge ( no ready btw but freaked a few out in the tram home as well!- before scary owl!). Oddly happened to be at return match same season and joined the Austria Vienna away fans..... Great pre match entertainment laid on outside to diffuse the tension. Beer tents, food and oompah band! Can see that in smear park!!

Rayo Vallecano in Madrid have small yet noisy contingent and plenty of flags and colour and it works.

Good luck. Anything has to be better .

Respect. The idea of you singing along to the songs is brilliant!

I don't understand why England can't pull something similar off. FC United and Crystal Palace have come close but... It's not quite there.

The Germans have a history of doing exactly what a leader tells them, thankfully we are more independently minded in England. This orchestrated :censored:e won't catch on.

Whilst I agree about the singing, I think the implication is a little uncalled for.

It is something I've helped craft into a very different image - but only with consent from the others. Don't get me wrong, we're all for anti-racism, making a scene and the rest, but this isn't a political demonstration or an attempt to change anybody's views.

As NewBlue said above, do you think half of the people in this will be even aware of right/left? We just want a set of like-minded fans wanting to make the atmosphere, reputation of the club and experience of watching matches better.

Plus this is focused on one group, not the entire fans. If you don't associate with it then why such the fuss? All we've asked of people is to bring a scarf or a friend.

Agreed and we'll take that in.

This is why we're deeming it nothing more than just a "debut." We're already facing one or two problems with the drummer so we'll have to see where it goes.

We also want to make it clear where we'll be sitting so that if fans don't want a drum being whacked down their ear for 90 minutes they can keep clear of us.

Let's see how Monday goes first.

Does that mean they have finally took my advice on abroad and if there really keen to generate an atmosphere and make difference there moving to the opposite end of the rocky road end where they can be seen, heard and well away from the annoying chavs who just want to throw mars bars. If so your heading along the right lines.

Whilst I agree about the singing, I think the implication is a little uncalled for.

Possibly, the fact remains we are culturally very different and I don't see the need for having continental style supporting imposed on us. I suspect the majority of the advocates are on the younger side, so may I share my experience of over 40 years of worship at BP. When the product on the pitch has been poor and the crowds small so generally the atmosphere hasn't been great. Good football and bigger crowds make for a better atmosphere. You cannot synthetically generaterate that, football is emotional and crowds will respond to what they see on the pitch. A clown with a baton and a flag will never be able to create that, if we batter Colchester on the back of a good Swindon result it will be rocking, the reverse and it will be a morgue. Simple as.

BTW I have no in depth knowledge of ultras, however when I hear the word I associate it with news items about English fans being attacked and extreme right wing attitudes. The general public hearing of Oldham ultras may well help to reinforce some of the myths that the recent BBC report shows exist about us.

I will carry on singing my head off in the traditional way "oh when the blues..........." :OWTB1:

good luck ultras . i dont just pay money to watch a match i want to be a participant . i know not everyone wants to sing and bounce but i do because i know it can lift the players .i think that is the point the ultras want to make .i am 55 . i know i should grow up but come on latics fans get behind your lads .