WE WILL NOT GO DOWN

The club's customer service policy is rotten from top to the bottom, one or two are great but every one else sees a complaint as an inconvenience to them and a personal insult, rather than the paying customer feeling aggrieved. Time and time again issues are raised and we get a representative of the club on here whining about they're doing their best. Well perhaps you are, but your best often is not good enough in satisfying the demand of the paying customer.

Alan Hardy would take ownership of an issue and discuss matters personally with you, ok half the time it was mostly piss, wind and excuses (sorry Alan but that's true) but at least he had the time to tell you nothing would change, and give you the excuses as to why that would be. Now at best, the complaints process is ambiguous, the same issues are mentioned on here and complained about time and again, yet very little ever gets done. Now i'm hearing that people are in communication with the club yet very rarely get a reply, never mind a satisfaction response. I would love to see if even the club has a Supporters' Charter it adheres to? The attitude from too many in the club is, "that's yer lot. what else do you expect us to do?" I know finances are tight, but the minute details are the things to get right before you move onto grander ideas. The club needs one contact to liaise with fans and take ownership of communications from fans on a one to one basis, whether that be replying to emails, letters or telephone calls. reassure people their concerns will be heard and their issues will be put to the person responsible - whether that be catering, publishing, website, club-shop, marketing, ticketing, access for disabled fans etc, etc

We are a PROFESSIONAL football club, but are run in such an amateurish way that it is no wonder fans have walked in droves. It's not always the product on the pitch that makes people think, why the hell should I bother?

You can have all the shiny new stands in the world, but if you have the same attitudes to delivering your brand and that's what Oldham Athletic is in 21st Century Society, sport is big business, ok we're a smaller version of the bigger sporting brands but if you are not offering people what they want in terms of quality all round experience, then your customer base will continue to dwindle and eventually wither and die. A few fans will lap up anything, however increasing numbers want quality and availability for their precious pound in their pocket. They want pies available after twenty past three, they want a cold beer that's not out of date, they want an accessible website with an easy to use interface, they want their Latics Player to work in Sydney or Sholver, they want a quality programme that has been properly proof read, not riddled with factual errors, they want replica shirts that are available in the club shop year round and that are quality enough not to fall apart after a few washes - all little things that could be rectified by more attention to detail.

Fantastic post! Agree 100%!! Compare the club now to 10 years ago and we have gone downhill massively in all departments

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is a better financial position the Moore left us with. It's :censored:, but not as :censored: as then!

The 10 years was just of the top of my head, what I meant was look at the club when they had the like of Sean Jarvis, Alan Hardy etc. and look at us now.

Oldham Athletic are meant to be a professional football club, not some two bob tinpot semi-professional outfit like FC United. There is a difference between keeping costs down, and what can only be described as petty cost cutting that would detriment the image of any professional club.

In my eyes, regardless of what division we are in, this has got to stop.

To be fair, FC are pretty well run. For instance, if one wasn't to know the league status of both teams and looked at their "shopfront" website, you would be forgiven for thinking that OAFC were lower ranked.

Genuine question but what is Barry's position on the board?

I don't want to come over as inciting an argument but is he the fans representative or just the clubs unofficial mouthpiece who's wheeled out when the villagers are revolting?

The club's customer service policy is rotten from top to the bottom, one or two are great but every one else sees a complaint as an inconvenience to them and a personal insult, rather than the paying customer feeling aggrieved. Time and time again issues are raised and we get a representative of the club on here whining about they're doing their best...

That person invariably being Barry; who's primary function is supposed to be to represent the fans. His position is an utter farce and has been for years.

We are a PROFESSIONAL football club, but are run in such an amateurish way that it is no wonder fans have walked in droves. It's not always the product on the pitch that makes people think, why the hell should I bother?

Very well put.

In terms of pies why don't we sell pies from the village bakery in Waterhead. They're nang* the pies there.

* could one of you youngsters check I have used nang in the correct context please.

I believe the correct terminology by the yoiung ruffians of today is sikk (sic) it might be sickk (sic) but I have also seen it spelt sicck (sic) [hard to do as it keeps error correcting sick (sic)) so basically kids cant spell sick, and the Waterhead bakery sells Sick Pies.

Not sure that is going to catch on.

Edited by singe

I believe the correct terminology by the yoiung ruffians of today is sikk (sic) it might be sickk (sic) but I have also seen it spelt sicck (sic) [hard to do as it keeps error correcting sick (sic)) so basically kids cant spell sick, and the Waterhead bakery sells Sick Pies.

Not sure that is going to catch on.

I went to college in South Manchester, and the terminology for something being good there was 'cold'. So technically they're selling cold pies.