WE WILL NOT GO DOWN

Guest Scratch2000uk

Board and Dickov are to blame. Dickov brought the players here, and the board didn't get rid soon enough, add to that, some dithering getting a replacement manager, and Bingo!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone says Scunthorpe are worse than us but I thought they were the much better team at bp earlier in the season! I wouldn't be wanting to rely on them being worse than us to stay up...very foolish IMO!

Scunthorpe are only goal difference worse than us.

Doesn't matter how good or bad a team you are it's the number of points you have at the end of the season that counts.

One good result from them and we are more in the mire than we are now.

LJ put his finger on it - turnover of players and fitness. Both of these are down to PD and SC and the Board who allowed him to do it and then let him stay for too long. The succession of loan players took the heart out of our own. He built nothing, the players (can't call them a team) don't give a toss - they don't even seem to realise that it is not only our future but their own that is on the line.

Still can't understand why we let our Captain go as he was one of the few players who put the effort in.

In an "I told you so moment" I said before the season started that we wouldn't score enough goals and that is why we are LIKELY TO GO DOWN!

That's the problem.....privately he will know we are not good enough but unfortunately he has no choice but to go with what he's gotand must somehow coax, cajole, and mentor this sorry lot over the finishing line 5th bottom.

I suspect one way or another one or two home truths will come out in May!

Ryan . I have not suggested anyone has on this site but I have received quite a number of personal messages that the appointment was wrong, some of them received tonight.

I have merely pointed out that he was given the last ten games to make good and will continue to do his best. Quite honestly he is like a breath of fresh air, a man who cares a great deal about players, in particular the younger ones who need guidance and help both on and off the field.

Barry

Everyone was saying that about Dickov too. I believe Dickov did care a great deal about the players. I don't see him as a breath of fresh air. I see him as the same as Dickov and Sheridan.

Hopefully we stay up and can have a go next season. Gutted that it has come down to hope at this late stage of the season.

Win and Bury or bust.

A relegation would screw us. I don't think we would stand much of a chance of coming back up.

Paul Dickov is responsible for a very large chunk of the on and off the pitch issues we have had this season (and last, and the one before too)

But ultimately - he was allowed to do all that, and so Simon Corney and the board also have to take a big portion of the blame for this mess. He was allowed to bring in the gutless bunch of wankers, he was allowed to train them incorrectly, and he was allowed to continue in his role for far too long.

THIS!!!!!

........ But he was such a lovely fella. I blame our entire predicament at the feet of Dickov, wolf in sheep's clothing should have been sacked ages ago.

We won't mention Steve Kabba then.

This.

Cheltenham away under Royle, never seen someone fall over so often in a game before. Someone must've removed his studs before he went on the pitch. The writing was on the wall for Hughes after he was taken off instead of him. Never seen a loanee as slow as Iwelumo though.

What you dont know or appear not to understand that he had a double leg break that nearly finished his career, I take my hat off to him for giving it anoher go.

First I'd heard off that. He just disn't look up to it on the odd occasion he played. Unlucky for him he was only young. Cooper gets a lot of unfair stick cause he came from man u. But he had a good touch and scored a couple .while here. We've had plenty of crap loans over the years. I expect it will continue and maybe theres Moore chance of it in league 2

Let's get it right, had Pompey not be looking at a 10 point deduction we'd be just about down now. Even now, staying up will be nothing short of miraculous. I just can't see it.

I don't think I've ever seen a more brittle Oldham team. Sure, there's bags-a-plenty of talent there, but for steely determination, it lasts for 30-60 minutes and drains away fast once we go behind. I still don't think LJ is 'the right man'. Sure, he's got some nice ideas, and talks a decent game but it'll take more than a flashy sweeping aside of an already relegated team to convince me he'll take us forward and upwards. There's no way in the world he can be blamed for our current plight, but whichever way it's painted, he's a cheap-ass appointment by an owner who will plough no more money into the club.

And as for the WE WILL NOT GO DOWN thread title Bazza. Keep shuffling those deckchairs around.

Barry, as you are so confident that "WE WILL NOT GO DOWN", I suggest you speak to the other board members and pop down to William Hill tomorrow and stick all the money from the cup run on us avoiding relegation. As WE WILL NOT GO DOWN, it is basically free money.

Not sure what the odds are, but it is bound to be more than being sat in cash earning less than 1% interest.