If we had Matt Smith next season

He would provide us with an outlet and the chance to sign a quick, clinical striker to partner him.

He's become more efficient but he's still not a 20 goal-per seasoner though he'd create and score together more than 20!

Keep him if we can but that extended walk off the pitch seemed like a farewell.

Good luck if he moves, he's deserved this move and may never get this chance again.

He would provide us with an outlet and the chance to sign a quick, clinical striker to partner him.

He's become more efficient but he's still not a 20 goal-per seasoner though he'd create and score together more than 20!

Good luck if he moves, he's deserved this move and may never get this chance again.

I am with this, would like him to stay, but I would not begrudge him a good move with decent money. Take your chance while you can.

He looked the real deal today, I will even say that he will be a Premiership forward within 3 years..

He'll go to a bigger club but fear he may be a squad player rather than a regular at a higher level. He certainly isn't premier league quality but if someone comes in from the premier he'd be daft not to make the move!

He's become more efficient but he's still not a 20 goal-per seasoner

8 goals in 8 starts plus 8 substitute appearances suggests otherwise. He's prolific.

That's not twenty goals a season from. It's thirty goals a season form.

Edited by opinions4u

He'll go to a bigger club but fear he may be a squad player rather than a regular at a higher level. He certainly isn't premier league quality but if someone comes in from the premier he'd be daft not to make the move!

He needs coaching, look how far he has come under the wings of Tony Philliskirk and in such a small space of time... He has all the raw attributes to be like Andy Carroll, its in his locker, I am rooting for him to be a success.

He needs to improve his control and his technique with back to goal a long way before he will create much IMO. You might argue that he will only do that playing, not being brought on at a better team as a giant dinosaur to head in a cross in the last 15 minutes, so maybe he would improve his career chances staying with us. He is too old that he will improve without playing most weeks.

I've never been in the position of having my salary doubled and being on the road to become a Latics legend nor starting my career off somewhere else on x4 what I am on now, I don't think he's the ready for it yet...

I don't think he is ready, but money talks and he is still "our" Matty Smith

8 goals in 8 starts plus 8 substitute appearances suggests otherwise. He's prolific.

That's not twenty goals a season from. It's thirty goals a season form.

It would probably depend on where we were in the table!

Challenging promotion - he'd score loads, battling relegation - he'd score loads. Mid-table cruising he probably wouldn't!

He only scores when it matters!

If we manage to keep hold of him, it will be a great signing as we prepare for next season. Get in a nippy striker to feed off him and we could have a very effective partnership next season that could bag plenty of goals. If he leaves however, I don't blame him for taking the chance to get higher up the league pyramid as quick as he can and thanks for some of the best moments i've ever seen in my 15 years supporting Latics!