• Good reception
    • Proper good jeer
    • Indifferent

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indifferent.

When he was here he had a go, got offered another deal with another team who were 17 (ish) places higher when he wasn't guarenteed a starting place with us. Anyone who says they wouldn't fancy a move if you were him isn't being honest with themselves.

Im not bothered, he had the chance to better himself with a bigger club who are going into the Championship, fair do's I say, some of you need to realise that there is no loyalty in football and players are not fans of the club like we are.

Jeer.

Captain of a team who were in a battle to avoid relegation and he threw his toys out of the pram when he couldn't get in the team rather than knuckling down and setting an example. Rat.

You've just hit the nail on the head: Captain of the team, unable to get back in the team- demoralised a bit perhaps when he wasn't making the starting 11? Ask yourself why you weren't making it Dean! Toys outta the pram, :censored: you Oldham I'm outta here for more money, see ya later. What a c word.

We've played better without him - I'll give an indifferent response.

Plus it seems to me we made him leave (or at least pushed him) to free up some wage budget - but thats just my view on the situation

IT was quoted that he asked for the move

At the end of the day I dont have an issue with him. He was on the end of crap management by Dickov and he wasnt good enough in the end for the starting 11 so he moved on.

He spend most of the season travelling and playing international games. At this level of wages I dont have a problem if he was told that he wasnt going to get games here and he looked out for number 1 by giving himself a good chance of earning a new deal at Donny in the summer and possibly playing in the league above

I would be more annoyed if he was the best player at the club but he was far from it

I've just spent the last 5 mins checking the usual job websites I check, I've got email alerts set up to send me vacancies in the fields I'm interested in, it is the sensible thing to do, who knows what is round the corner. I've got about 30 years left getting up in the morning and dragging myself into work, Dean has about 10 if he is lucky, one mistimed tackle or over exertion in training and that's it, his career could be over, no more football gravy train for him. I'd be surprised if he has squirrelled enough cash away so far so that he doesn't need to work again so he has to maximise his earnings.

As said above, we the fans are loyal, players aren't. There are the odd ones around who are but these are few and far between. I'd probably clap him if he came back here for the goal against Notts County alone, but I'd also probably jeer him like a mad man if he slipped over or missed a sitter. Life is too short to get hung up on stuff like this, I've got other :censored: to get worked up about.

Meh….

Not our player now, bollocks to him. Very few have been arsed either giving grief or clapping….

Apart from Tommy Wright, when he came back overweight with Leicester I took great delight in abusing my former hero!

"He's fat, he's bent, his arse is up for rent…..Tommy Wright, Tommy Wright….."

Very few players we've sold over the years in my time have ever come back and stood out, Wellens maybe, Barlow the little :censored: may be the little gob:censored:e Kilkenny - struggling after that Porter has been gash, Davies did nowt COG has done well against us Warne scored but did nowt. I expect if we get in Furman's face he'll retreat deeper and deeper and by 60 mins will be sat in Row 12 of the RRE…...

On a personal level he was a nice guy, on a professional level he looked after number one. It left a sour taste but even as Captain he'd spent a third of the season travelling around the world and another third sat on the bench. If anyone was allowed to leave, he was the right choice. It pissed me off at the time as we were light on bodies but young Mellor and Korey's performances have shown we've not missed him at all…...

I've got no problem with him. He was hardly playing and was probably on big wages. Always thought he was a very good player but it didn't seem to happen for him here for whatever reason. Won't clap him won't jeer him couldn't careless about him now he's gone. I'm sure most of us would swap relegation for league leaders if the chance arose

Yeah our only defeat in 17 games, what a horrible cold wet day that was in the Paddock. Oh and Allott for Chesterfield, he was still our player too. Played Wadsworth….

Didn't Innes have a very good game when we got spanked in the 2nd half (loosing 4-2) at their place whilst he was on loan from us.

As for the original question, I'd applaud him as his name gets read out and then jeer him everytime he touches the ball. To jeer him constantly he'd have to have done something terrible for me, he hasn't in my opinion. OK he may have asked for the move, but it was Corney who said that, and it is in his interests to say it. He has been a decent ambassador for the club off the pitch, something we needed at times this season. Plus some of his indifferent form has been down to bad management.

We get a fee when Donny reach the Championship.

I hope we get the fee, and Donny come straight back down again.

As others have said, he just looked after No1. Not the type of person you'd want around, especially in the Captains armband, when you're in the midst of a relegation scrap.

We ended up being better without him. Mellor and K.Smith have done the business for us. They both even cross the halfway line......