new shirt sponsor

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me but does the shade in the photo look like the french blue that the kits been this season? it certainly doesnt look royle blue

as we have an aging fan base i reckon we should have taken a leaf out of spoting kansas effort inspired by M&S and grandads everywhere

http://www.footballs...ball-shirt.html

Out of interest how well did this season shirt sell??? Seems strange to be making a big point that we are going back to royal blue after only one season make me think it wasnt much of a sucess

and the tranmere kits are laughable id be ashamed to wear something like that away kit and home bargins as well :thumbsdown:

Edited by bluehobbit

Bit of a hill walker myself so hoping for some discount at blacks.The biggest issue for me is the neck on our current kit, pulling on that top is the nearest thing to being reborn I can imagine! "SORT YOUR NECK OUT"

For some strange reason really looking forward to next season already ...Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

think the company blacks is a lot better established brand then 'home bargains' and 'mornflake' hahahahaha bin dippers cant even attract a decent sponsor nowadays, and as for mornflake? wtf is that???

As much as it is seemingly is a more respectable sponsor, Blacks nearly went out of business with £36m debts and entered administration before JD Sports bought them last year.

As for the kit:

I'd like latics to have their own style. When you see the kit - you know it's latics. Ok there would be slight variations, but you would know it was us.

Personally if I could chose it would be an Ajax style stripe up the front (in blue), blue on the back, blue shorts and blue socks.

Edited by pukka

As for the kit:

I'd like latics to have their own style. When you see the kit - you know it's latics. Ok there would be slight variations, but you would know it was us.

Personally if I could chose it would be an Ajax style blue stripe up the front, blue on the back, blue shorts and blue socks.

Posted previously on this. We have never really had a 'definitive style' - we have one for a while (all blue, tangerine&blue, blue Ajax style etc) but then change. I think its too late for Latics to have anything that is totally recognizable as Latics to everyone.

For some its the 50s Ajax stlye. For me its the all blue kit (shirt / shorts / socks) of the 80s and 90s. For others its the blue and tangerine. For what it worth, I think if the club had taken the latter and kept with it every season since then - we might have started to carve out a distinctive identity. But we didn't, and based on yet another change in colour, we never will.

Posted previously on this. We have never really had a 'definitive style' - we have one for a while (all blue, tangerine&blue, blue Ajax style etc) but then change. I think its too late for Latics to have anything that is totally recognizable as Latics to everyone.

For some its the 50s Ajax stlye. For me its the all blue kit (shirt / shorts / socks) of the 80s and 90s. For others its the blue and tangerine. For what it worth, I think if the club had taken the latter and kept with it every season since then - we might have started to carve out a distinctive identity. But we didn't, and based on yet another change in colour, we never will.

I grew up with all blue, and do prefer it, but no one else has the blue / white ajax style. It would be unique.

Dammit, I was hoping Shoot magazine were going to sponsor us so that the players had clear instructions on the pitch next year.

Missed oportunity there by the Commie Dept.

F***ing SHOOT for ***'s Sake could be printed on like the names/numbers. Loads extra dosh.....

Jenny/Broady Out! :wink:

Mind you some could get offended so Jenny/Broady back in again

I grew up with all blue, and do prefer it, but no one else has the blue / white ajax style. It would be unique.

So was the blue and tangerine.

If we had kept either of those designs and used them for the following 30/40/50+ years then we'd have a shirt design that immediately was recognised as Oldham Athletic. Whereas we have a general recognition of playing in blue - at that is it. Apart from that time we played in blue and red hoops.....shudder.

think the company blacks is a lot better established brand then 'home bargains' and 'mornflake' hahahahaha bin dippers cant even attract a decent sponsor nowadays, and as for mornflake? wtf is that???

Mornflake export cereals and cereal related products globally, it is a local firm to Crewe Alex (approx 400m) and is one of the biggest employers in Crewe, ranked alongside Bentley (the motoring company).

So was the blue and tangerine.

If we had kept either of those designs and used them for the following 30/40/50+ years then we'd have a shirt design that immediately was recognised as Oldham Athletic. Whereas we have a general recognition of playing in blue - at that is it. Apart from that time we played in blue and red hoops.....shudder.

Whilst I agree, playing in orange / tangerine at home wouldn't be latics to me.

and as for mornflake? wtf is that???

Porridge.

Mornflake export cereals and cereal related products globally, it is a local firm to Crewe Alex (approx 400m) and is one of the biggest employers in Crewe, ranked alongside Bentley (the motoring company).

And that, ladies and gents, is a successful advertising campaign!

If you look at the teaser on official under "2013/14 home shirt for £20" there's some tangerine & white in top left hand corner. White sleeves (like the one before last home shirt) with tangerine trim? Also I think the body is all blue.

We'll soon see but I hope the club provide some kind of discount for those who bought last home shirt on understanding it was for two seasons... I bought three of them for me and my two daughters

If you look at the teaser on official under "2013/14 home shirt for £20" there's some tangerine & white in top left hand corner. White sleeves (like the one before last home shirt) with tangerine trim? Also I think the body is all blue.

We'll soon see but I hope the club provide some kind of discount for those who bought last home shirt on understanding it was for two seasons... I bought three of them for me and my two daughters

That is the smallest thing ever, must have supersonic vision!

As usual there are clueless people complaining about the teams kit and changing it every year. IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, THE CLUB NEED MONEY. How is 1 shirt every 2 or 3 years going to help that? Just reduces the amount they're going to sell because people won't buy more than one!

And as for people saying it should be basically the same every year so we have 'traditional club colours', if the club hardly changed the shirts then people wouldn't buy them because of the subtlety of the changes! Stop complaining and if it bothers you that much just don't buy one, simple.

How can there be a practical way of determining those who bought shirt on "understanding it was for two years"?

Are you a ST holder? You'll get 50% off