• David Eyres
    • Chris Taylor
    • David Beresford
    • Gunnar Halle
    • Paul Reid
    • Mark Brennan
    • Andy Liddell
    • Lee Croft

Picked Grovesey for sheer nostalgia reasons, I'm 53 and saw him at his peak, my favourite player at the time and even I just doubt he would have cut it in the top leagues, surely he would have been snapped up if that was the case?

Picked Grovesey for sheer nostalgia reasons, I'm 53 and saw him at his peak, my favourite player at the time and even I just doubt he would have cut it in the top leagues, surely he would have been snapped up if that was the case?

Totally agree, but what made him so special was the ability to entertain, sadly lacking in most footballers these days. Every time he got the ball the crowd were waiting for the magic that you knew was about to happen.

Redfearn played out wide right in the FA Cup S/F of 1990.... and assisted Marshall's goal.... This is where I think Royle should've played him when he brought Milligan back. Seeing as I've already picked him in CM, I'm going with Rick & Adams!

Redfearn was often selected out wide with Royle frequently making a choice between him and the more direct Adams.