5 little things that annoy you about Football

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Arrogant fans (like Huddersfield)

2. Bad prices for students/teenagers

3. £2.50 for a cup of tea at Old Trafford

4. random kick off times - 4pm, 6pm, 8.05pm? If it's a weekend it should be 12.45, 3, or 5.15 and 7.45 on weekdays

5. Andy Townsend

4. random kick off times - 4pm, 6pm, 8.05pm? If it's a weekend it should be 12.45, 3, or 5.15 and 7.45 on weekdays

5. Andy Townsend

Sky invented 12.45's and 5.15's as far as I'm aware. If we're having those, may as well allow the others. 3 and 7.45 agreed, 12 if they're expecting bother.

Champions League special:

1. 75% of the teams in it not being champions.

2. Extra officials behind the goal.

3. The final impacting the scheduling of the Football League play-offs.

4. Latics fans who can't be arsed attending the Tuesday night game against Colchester because Bayern Munich are playing Shaktar Donetsk.

5. Teams from the same country playing each other when neither are champions.

Latics Special:

1. The lack of width in the RRE turnstiles.

2. Our fans abusing an overweight opposition fan.

3. Having to wait a couple of months after I've paid to collect my season ticket.

4. Admin fees for student tickets and interest free season ticket credit deals.

5. The uphill walk from car park to RRE!

I want to add a 6th....

6. Minute silences for non-footballing reasons. Why football feels the need to be some sort of moral compass is beyond me. It really gets my goat. For everything and anything.

Example I've used before: Why is there one on rememberence sunday weekend? It isn't the time or place. There are specific events for giving respect. Events I have been to. I'd be pissed off if half way through they played a football match at one of those, but I don't go to a match to remember war dead either.

Not to mention the sanctimonious so and so's that were up in arms because James McClean, who has every right to hate the army because they almost certainly killed people he knew, not to mention the grief he would get back home, didn't wear a shirt with a poppy on it.

I don't have a problem with minutes silences for non footballing events, it is very selective. For example do they have one for the Boxing Day Tsunami?

5. Andy Townsend

How on earth is 4pm a random kick off time but 12.45 or 5.15 are acceptable?

1.) The imaginary brandishing of a card when a player commits a foul.

2.) Mandatory yellow cards for meaningless stuff, taking your shirt off after scoring a goal shouldn't get you the same punishment as a tackle that puts a player out for months.

3.) Teams who are dirty bastards moaning about the physicality of other teams. See Sheff U and Liverpool.

4.) Age based discounts only, a 22 year old who's FT at Uni is supposed to pay full price but a 21 yo who is earning £20k a year gets in cheap. Both or neither for me.

5.) Home ball-boys, I'm not sure why they stopped multi-ball.

1.Ticket prices for third tier football

2.United,City,Liverpool,MK Dons

3.Armchair fans

4.Sky TV's over-egging of how good Premier League football is

5.Fans who get bitter/angry when their club's players leave to sign for other clubs with better prospects

3. Having to wait a couple of months after I've paid to collect my season ticket.

!

I paid for mine over the phone and was told they were ready to collect straight away this year

1 Games called off in winter for conditions OUTSIDE the ground.

br />

Dead right. If it is snowing and you don't want to risk slipping, stay at home and don't go to the match. If you slip on ice - good, do it near me so I can laugh.

5 Tourists at PL matches, put your bleeding cameras away.

I used to think this but having been to American sporting events I found myself taking my camera out at whichever one I went to. I think it's a normal thing to do when you get to go somewhere like that which you only see on the TV and are getting the chance to watch in person for once.

The same goes for foreign fans of PL teams - I used to think it was ridiculous but then remembered that there's no real difference between that and me being a big supporter of Pittsburgh Penguins, which I deem myself to be. It's not their fault they weren't born in Manchester/Liverpool/London.

I'm going to sound a right old fart here - but basically mine are all "modern football" things; players and media:

1 - fashion show footballers - arm sleeve tattoos, nicky clarke haircuts, socks over the knees, coloured boots.....eurgh.

2 - the 'Braaaaap' attitude that usually goes hand in hand with the above. You're professional athletes not East Side L.A Gangstas!

3 - soft tart players and their antics on the pitch. Man-Up, show some balls and have some self respect. If you're not painfully injured, then just get up off the floor and stop the play-acting.

4 - imaginary card waving and surrounding the ref for 'nothing fouls'. Does my pickle in that one. Some of the bookings and sendings off are a joke.

5 - Ego Managers a la Karl Robinson, Aidy Boothroyd, Graeme Westley being given column inches and time in the media.....They're morons; dont give them more coverage.

Oh - I need a Number 6.

Any dull Ex Player being given media jobs after retiring (or still playing in some cases)

How do the likes of Martin Keown, Jason Roberts, Dion Dublin, Kevin Philips, Steve Claridge, Peter Beagrie, Dean Windass, Matt Murrey, Scott Minto et all get jobs on TV

I'm going to sound a right old fart here - but basically mine are all "modern football" things; players and media:

1 - fashion show footballers - arm sleeve tattoos, nicky clarke haircuts, socks over the knees, coloured boots.....eurgh.

2 - the 'Braaaaap' attitude that usually goes hand in hand with the above. You're professional athletes not East Side L.A Gangstas!

3 - soft tart players and their antics on the pitch. Man-Up, show some balls and have some self respect. If you're not painfully injured, then just get up off the floor and stop the play-acting.

4 - imaginary card waving and surrounding the ref for 'nothing fouls'. Does my pickle in that one. Some of the bookings and sendings off are a joke.

5 - Ego Managers a la Karl Robinson, Aidy Boothroyd, Graeme Westley being given column inches and time in the media.....They're morons; dont give them more coverage.

Does Holloway fall into this category?

Personally i like him, but others i have spoke to are less kean on him!

In no particular order:

1. Continental referees who sprint to the place an incident took place and stand to attention.

2. Anyone who calls a football phone in.

3. Alan (I'm from Northern Ireland but feel I have the right to continually slate the England team like a fan) Green.

4. Players wearing Alice bands

5. Did anybody mention Wigan?

1. Any grown man that wears a jester hat and/or face paint to a game.

2. People asking me who I support and when I answer, "Oldham," then asking, "Do you support a Premier League team as well?"

3. That cretinous song that goes, "We follow, we follow and that's the way we like it..."

4. Wigan.

5. The fact other teams spring up entire stadiums in a heartbeat whilst we have to wait 20 years for one small stand.

Woof.

In no particular order:

1. Continental referees who sprint to the place an incident took place and stand to attention.

2. Anyone who calls a football phone in.

3. Alan (I'm from Northern Ireland but feel I have the right to continually slate the England team like a fan) Green.

4. Players wearing Alice bands

5. Did anybody mention Wigan?

whats the difference between phoning a Football phone-in and posting on an internet messageboard? At the end of the day both involve interaction with other fans through a form of media, some fans talk crap, others talk a lot of sense

Does Holloway fall into this category?

Personally i like him, but others i have spoke to are less kean on him!

He does divide opinion doesn't he?

Whilst he's blotted his copy book a fair few times since arriving at Palace; I'd have to say on the whole I quite like him.

Westley on the other hand......

whats the difference between phoning a Football phone-in and posting on an internet messageboard? At the end of the day both involve interaction with other fans through a form of media, some fans talk crap, others talk a lot of sense

They are invariably some tosser ringing in to say their team is great, or a different tosser ringing in to say their team is :censored: and the manager (often Wenger) doesn't have a clue. Pointless and not entertaining IMHO. There is no interaction of the type we are currently having on here.

I used to like 606 when it first started with Danny Baker, but that was a completely different animal.