5 little things that annoy you about Football

excluding the obvious things that would get mentioned on such a thread (The Premier League, glory hunters, Sky TV, Ticket Prices, stupid wages etc)

and let's keep it clean, let's not get overly upset and let's not get personal

1. Away fans housed on the side of the pitch

2. Chants to the tune of Sloop John B

3. When a fan refers to watching their team as a "product"

4. fans who insist that every team no matter what players there play a rigid 4-4-2 system

5. The fact that the tunnel at Wembley is no longer behind the goal

Edited by Tommy_Fent

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. That stupid "You're :censored:, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh" chant every time a goalkeeper takes a goal kick/free kick

2. Booing a player just because he's the opposition's star performer (it bites you on the bum as Wilfried Zaha proved last night)

3. Liverpool's boring announcer. Does he EVER get excited?

4. Penalties/free kicks given because the hand/arm is raised even though there is no obvious intent to handle

5. Goal line officials in Champions League who see feck all, hear feck all and do feck all

1- fans stuck in the dark ages and not willing to move forward

2- ridiculous transfer speculation/rumours/non-realistic suggestions

3- the fact that 90mins can ruin my feckin weekend

4- teams/players/managers/fans that shout cry and moan everytime a decision goes against them (particularly when its blatantly the correct decision)

5- Luis suarez.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

1. Goal music

2. Players who don't commit clever fouls. If a player is allowed to run 40 meters with a ball, someone should have tripped him.

3. The table ITV decide to put on the pitch before or during half time on champions league nights. Why?

4. Grounds without a pub near by. Preston is let down by this.

5. Soundbytes. Listen to a United fan speak. They are full of them. Example: They'll always use the word "classless" or "no class" to describe something they don't like. As if it is the only word they know. Sanctimonious twats.

Edited by pukka

1. Goal music

2. Untucked shirts

3. Socks over the knee

4. The over the top sanctimonious outrage that accompanies a 'dive'. It happens, deal with it.

5. Pundits saying "no disrespect to X, but they're just not a match for Y" You don't need that caveat before an honest assessment of a teams quality, you're not telling your wife she isn't aging as well as her sister for Christ's sake.

Footballers wearing gloves

Especially when teamed with shortsleeves and a snood.

My list.

1, Modern footballers.

2, Fans

3, The "business of football"

4, The media coverage of the game

5, The complete disappearance of any sporting element from the game today.

1. The FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley, keep to a neutral ground, Wembley should be exclusively for finals and England games.

2. Boring new stadiums - Shrewsbury and Colchester are the same and have no distinctive image.

3. The away goals rule.

4. Pointless respect handshake, especially the media controversy when Terry meets Ferdinand etc.

5. ITV's coverage and higlights of football is ridiculous, adverts all the time. FL Show rivals it with :censored: pundits, and Sky with Beagrie. So, Adverts and :censored: Pundits on football games.

1. Like Tommy_Fent, away fans housed on the side of the ground.

2. FA Cup semi-finals at wembley, its just wrong!!

3. Goal Music

4. People who insist that the premier league is the best league in the world when its just terrible.

5. Away goals in the Champions League, just what is the need?

1. Like Tommy_Fent, away fans housed on the side of the ground.

2. FA Cup semi-finals at wembley, its just wrong!!

4. People who insist that the premier league is the best league in the world when its just terrible.

These 3 for me.

1) Gary Neville

2) Peter Beagrie

3) Gary Bertles

4) Steve Claridge

5) different balls for different competitions! Do we really need an official FA cup ball?

1) No decent tackling allow (it's a f**king contact sport for god sake) - if it is a good tackle that takes the ball who cares it you use two feet.

2) Plastic Fans who know nothing about the game but think they do.

3) Rubbish Pundits and Footbal programmes (Football focus / Soccer Saturday there are other leagues than just the PL in England you know - balanced coverage please).

4) lack of Characters in the game (people like Clough, Marsh, Hudson, Best etc. now they have all been given Media training to say the right thing and all nice to everyone for once say it as it is if you think the guy / team is a c**t then say it).

5) My Biggest issues - how can teams in the ENGLISH PL be allow to field a team of all Non - English Players, bloody madness - if this carried on soon the National Team will be as good as Scotland.

Edited by Stoney

I want to add a 6th....

6. Minute silences for non-footballing reasons. Why football feels the need to be some sort of moral compass is beyond me. It really gets my goat. For everything and anything.

Example I've used before: Why is there one on rememberence sunday weekend? It isn't the time or place. There are specific events for giving respect. Events I have been to. I'd be pissed off if half way through they played a football match at one of those, but I don't go to a match to remember war dead either.

Edited by pukka