IIRC he had offers last summer from various (we were interested, not sure if an actual offer was made) but turned them down because playing football full time would result in a wage cut for him.

Alty supporting mate says he'd be League 2 standard at best FWIW.

While he turned down a move to Inverness Caledonian Thistle in January, Reeves takes exception to reports his wage demands are too high. It gets on your nerves because it’s absolutely ridiculous, said the self-employed plasterer. I’m not daft enough to think someone will come in and give me two or three grand a week. If somebody comes in it’s got to be seriously considered whatever terms they offer. I’d be quite happy playing for a league side getting similar to what I get now."

However, in professional football there is no stability for a 27 year-old who has no experience of League football. I'd love to have a punt on this guy as he seems like a genuine poacher but by the fact he's turned down Gillingham and Inverness (even though they're obviously a lot further from Alty than Oldham is) suggests he isn't willing to take the risk of relinquishing his current job to pursue professional football, for which he may only get a few years in.

(-----By the way, prepare to have the title of your threat criticised for being too vague-----).

Edited by NewBlue

While he turned down a move to Inverness Caledonian Thistle in January, Reeves takes exception to reports his wage demands are too high. It gets on your nerves because it’s absolutely ridiculous, said the self-employed plasterer. I’m not daft enough to think someone will come in and give me two or three grand a week. If somebody comes in it’s got to be seriously considered whatever terms they offer. I’d be quite happy playing for a league side getting similar to what I get now."

However, in professional football there is no stability for a 27 year-old who has no experience of League football. I'd love to have a punt on this guy as he seems like a genuine poacher but by the fact he's turned down Gillingham and Inverness (even though they're obviously a lot further from Alty than Oldham is) suggests he isn't willing to take the risk of relinquishing his current job to pursue professional football, for which he may only get a few years in.

(-----By the way, prepare to have the title of your threat criticised for being too vague-----).

Its many young lads dream to become a qualified plasterer.

A good one can earn as much as a lower league footballer. And he can still go out on the piss on a Friday night.

Except I'd expect his performances for Alty to not be as good if he did. Your other point is certainly valid though. That was the one advantage of signing Matt Smith as having just left Uni he may not have had a job to quit in order to sign for us.

A good one can earn as much as a lower league footballer. And he can still go out on the piss on a Friday night.

An average footballer can work 2-3 hours a day, play a sport for money, and still go out on the piss on a Saturday night :shakeit: