VAUGHAN CONSORTIUM- LATICS PLAYER

I did an interview for Latics Player at 3.30 pm this afternoon. Unmfortunately, as many of you will be aware there are problems with the server and the club staff have been unable to place the interview on the site.

In the meantime I have released a statement prior to the interview appearing. I hope this helps.

I have never moved my position that the interests of Oldham Atheltic Club and its fans are paramount and fans should be a\ware that whatever challenges fall before me I will never fail to recognise my responsibilities.

Barry

I did an interview for Latics Player at 3.30 pm this afternoon. Unmfortunately, as many of you will be aware there are problems with the server and the club staff have been unable to place the interview on the site.

In the meantime I have released a statement prior to the interview appearing. I hope this helps.

I have never moved my position that the interests of Oldham Atheltic Club and its fans are paramount and fans should be a\ware that whatever challenges fall before me I will never fail to recognise my responsibilities.

Barry

where's the statement Barry?

Barry

Hi Barry

As a long serving and now somewhat troubled Latics fan, if we can't get the jist of this interview because of computer problems at the club and it's server, could I suggest you give us a brief resume' of what you are and we're going to say in your interview. This would probably be a better answer for most of the Latics fans as some possibly don't have Latics Player and they are as eager as everyone else to hear from the club and of course yourself about this situation.

Regards

Ian G.

Edited by pcassist

Guest Scratch2000uk

Director confirms no current plans to sell the club

After discussions with Latics' Chairman Simon Corney, who is currently in New York, Director Barry Owen can confirm there are no plans to sell the club or any stake in it to the Vaughan consortium or any other bodies.

In an exclusive interview with Latics Player, Mr Owen said: "The Chairman has never made any secrecy of the fact the club is for sale.

"However, it has always been a stipulation that any sale would have to be in the best interests of Oldham Athletic Football Club."

Mr Owen went on to say the Chairman is an astute businessman and there are very few people who would stick by a loss-making organisation for the length of time he has done.

He continued: "This demonstrates his passion and love for the club and, from a personal point of view, it is unfortunate people want to second guess his intentions.

"The Club is currently in the final stages of developing the new North Stand and I am sure Simon is fully focused on this particular project.

"I am aware that the club staff have been assured their jobs are safe and no takeover will occur to the Vaughan consortium."

Mr Owen added it is not uncommon for groups to show an interest in purchasing football clubs and some time ago the Vaughan consortium did so with Latics.

He said: "I am somewhat confused at this stage as to why they have decided that publicity would benefit their cause.

"We look forward to progressing with our new projects and to the start of the new season."

For further details and to hear the full interview, log on to Latics Player.

He continued: "This demonstrates his passion and love for the club and, from a personal point of view, it is unfortunate people want to second guess his intentions.

Does Barry (and SC for that matter) have to have a sly dig at the fans in almost every interview? Given he's been in negotiations for FOUR MONTHS with this crook, surely fans have a right to question why our owner hasn't sent the crook off within the first minutes of his interest becoming known?

Guest Scratch2000uk

Does Barry (and SC for that matter) have to have a sly dig at the fans in almost every interview? Given he's been in negotiations for FOUR MONTHS with this crook, surely fans have a right to question why our owner hasn't sent the crook off within the first minutes of his interest becoming known?

A word from Barry to the fans regarding a crooks intention of trying to buy into the club would have been nice, unless he knew feck all about it?

Barry

Well fancy that...

No J, because Oldham is not a democratically run club - although I am in no way advocating that the fans get to choose everything (or purportedly choose everything- see the MyFC debacle), the supporters Trust should have been kept in the loop. So I completely agree that the Trust owed their stakeholders some sort of meeting before this statement.

Is the the Trusts constitution worth the paper it's written on?

The constitution as it was in 2003 was woolly to say the least ten years ago; I call for Barry and the directors to bring up-to-date the Trust Constitution with the democratic input from its members: THE OLDHAM ATHLETIC FANS CHARTER. Trust members put money into the club, fans put money into the :censored:ing buckets; it's taking the piss.

I'm kind of scribbling this down as I'm busy elsewhere, but I hope you get the gist.

Barry

Now that is Typical Latics!!!!