Worrying rumour

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how true this is and has come from someone who works at the club. Don't know what they do so no idea of reliability. To cut a long story short in january before the liverpool game sc could not afford to pay the players wages (as in like 18 months back) he took out a loan to pay them which was repayed after the liverpool game. Not a major worry i agree but when you find out the loan was from the story takes a twist. Vaughan! Which is where his interest apparently stems from.

Could all be bollox but seems feasible?

Got told the same rumour on Saturday night guessing the same contact wont say his name on here but a rather big fella who's older brother nickname gets mentioned on here often.

I don't recall Barry saying anyone had looked at the books I think someone made that up to add weight to their anti conspiracy theory. :laught30:

States it in his LW interview that the club is obliged to gave out figures to would be interested parties.

Got told the same rumour on Saturday night guessing the same contact wont say his name on here but a rather big fella who's older brother nickname gets mentioned on here often.

I think you could well be correct. Like i said, took it as bollox but feasible

Guest Scratch2000uk

States it in his LW interview that the club is obliged to gave out figures to would be interested parties.

Ah right, thanks for that, I didn't get to see the interview.

If I was a bank manager and refused to loan a businessman a few thousand quid when he was about to earn a couple of hundred thousand in a couple of weeks. I'd be a bit worried for my job if it ever became public, it is essentially free money from the interest, over a period with a lot of holiday time. No sensible bank is going to refuse that.

We are not in the 1950's and Bank Managers do not have the option to lend money, business's have to meet a certain criteria within a computer system....simple approved or rejected

Rarely football clubs DO NOT meet this criteria

We are not in the 1950's and Bank Managers do not have the option to lend money, business's have to meet a certain criteria within a computer system....simple approved or rejected

Any club who breaks even on a regular basis will have a decent stab.

In our case though, if we had a large amount of guaranteed income coming in to pay it back, I'm sure the banks would have listened.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

If I was a bank manager and refused to loan a businessman a few thousand quid when he was about to earn a couple of hundred thousand in a couple of weeks. I'd be a bit worried for my job if it ever became public, it is essentially free money from the interest, over a period with a lot of holiday time. No sensible bank is going to refuse that.

Have you been away?

What JLF said. Money talks and Banks listen.

Don't know how true this is and has come from someone who works at the club. Don't know what they do so no idea of reliability. To cut a long story short in january before the liverpool game sc could not afford to pay the players wages (as in like 18 months back) he took out a loan to pay them which was repayed after the liverpool game. Not a major worry i agree but when you find out the loan was from the story takes a twist. Vaughan! Which is where his interest apparently stems from.

Could all be bollox but seems feasible?

This is a classic football rumour / conspiracy theory. (The only absent detail is either Tesco or a motorway service station.) I've no idea whether it's true or not, but it's a classic of the form, very well written. (Vaughan!) Lovin' it. What do you do when your players need paying and the usual channels are no help?

This is a classic football rumour / conspiracy theory. (The only absent detail is either Tesco or a motorway service station.) I've no idea whether it's true or not, but it's a classic of the form, very well written. (Vaughan!) Lovin' it. What do you do when your players need paying and the usual channels are no help?

This has all the makings of a C4 drama. We just need someone to go missing to kick it all off.

This has all the makings of a C4 drama. We just need someone to go missing to kick it all off.

Apparently, there has been some debate as to whether I've been away. :wink::grin:

So perhaps I should volunteer to get the project off the ground.