OWTB message board 1982 -1994

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripping up the grass to put down one of these plastic pitches is typical of this club. Why wren't the fans asked?

Good teams will murder us on plastic, doubt if we'll win many at home ever again.

I agree, proper football is played on snow like when we beat Southport 11-0, or on mud where we see plenty of thrills and spills.

It may have been a crumbling patch of concrete exposed to the elements with no facilities whatsoever, but it was HOME. I'm disgusted they are ruining the traditional heart of this club by building a new stand!

If they make the Chaddy all seating that really will be the end for me. Who cares about First Division standards, we'll never go up anyway. All we've done is halve our possible attendance for that occasional 3rd Round FA Cup tie against a big club.

It's a disgrace.

Cup finals, promotions, free flowing attacking football is all well and good but, if they don't improve the matchday experience I won't be coming back next season.

I hear a new 20,000 all seater stadium is planned for the year 2000 on Clayton playing fields , I have every faith in Oldham Council to see it through.

I queued from lunchtime Saturday until 9am Sunday morning for Liverpool tickets and the club couldn't even provide so much as a free bacon butty.

You will be expecting the manager to dish out tea one day.

Some ginger kid from Oldham's signed youth forms for United. Ridiculous. He should have come to us. He'll never get a game there. Another potential career goes down the pan.

Seen him, too small, won't make it, Stalybridge Celtic will be his level.

What are we doing buying Hull City cast offs? This Bunn fella won't ever score, he doesn't fit in to our style of play one little bit, he can't provide, create or finish. Ok, he might get the odd goal here and there but he never, never be a prolific striker.

(In 1993) I've just seen this promising 3-year old called Dan Gardner, we should snap him up!

Sorry BP1960...

Too late, I have him under contract until 2015 when I shall become a millionaire from my cut in the transfers.

I don't know why fans keep going on about Irwin. His distribution is :censored:ing shyte. I'll bet you anything you like he won't play above our level.

Another lightweight, couldn't burst a balloon with his free kicks.

I heard from my sister's best friend's brother's auntie's hairdresser who does Joe Royle's dog's shampoo that we're going to be taken over by Michael Knighton.

True, saw the dog in Tesco's.