OWTB message board 1982 -1994

Don't think much of that Giggs lad never climbed out of Flemings pocket all game can't see him lasting Fergie will move him on pronto .

RoyleArmy reckons Giggs is coming here on a free, from that performance against Fleming he would be a wasted wage in my opinion.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The retained list for the 1987/1988 season is soon to be announced, who would you keep or let go ?

LET GO;

Goram (At fault for at least one goal this season)

Barlow (Can't defend)

Milligan (Another from the youth team who won't make it)

Irwin (Too lightweight and one footed, couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo with his free kicks)

I'd also sack Royle (He's taken the club as far as it can go)

KEEP;

Ormondroyd (Will score 30 goals next season, mark my words)

Edited by BP1960

This is the first look at next seasons 1991/1992 away shirt, every kid will want one;

football_shirt_9052_1_600x560x0.jpg

You mean I've got to buy that god awful thing as well as the home kit (which incidentally is a terrible shade of blue) for every single one of my 17 children?

I don't care how well we're doing on the pitch, success cannot be sustained if the club doesn't consult supporters on important decisions such as kit design and the colour of JR's underpants.

You mean I've got to buy that god awful thing as well as the home kit (which incidentally is a terrible shade of blue) for every single one of my 17 children?

I don't care how well we're doing on the pitch, success cannot be sustained if the club doesn't consult supporters on important decisions such as kit design and the colour of JR's underpants.

I like it, but that owl emblem will have to be re-designed one day.

I like it, but that owl emblem will have to be re-designed one day.

Absolutely, I'm sure it will date if the world continues past the millennium.

Another thing though, can we not have a sponsor on it? It's 1991 for heaven's sake. Knowing Latics they'll get the ticket office or something to sponsor us...

Absolutely, I'm sure it will date if the world continues past the millennium.

Another thing though, can we not have a sponsor on it? It's 1991 for heaven's sake. Knowing Latics they'll get the ticket office or something to sponsor us...

I would approach Pan AM for sponsorship, they are flying high at the moment and Iv'e invested my life savings in them.

Edited by BP1960

I would approach Pan AM for sponsorship, they are flying high at the moment and Iv'e invested my life savings in them.

Actually I know a guy in California called Sergey. This Sergey knows a thing or two about computers and tells me he's got a great idea that he thinks will work well with this new world wide web thing. I'm no expert but he seems to know his stuff. He's got a terrible name for it though, 'Goggles' I think.

Anyway I've loaned him £20 for a start and given him Alan Hardy's contact number (he asked for something called an 'e-mail', but I told him I don't think the Post Office accept them over here).

Actually I know a guy in California called Sergey. This Sergey knows a thing or two about computers and tells me he's got a great idea that he thinks will work well with this new world wide web thing. I'm no expert but he seems to know his stuff. He's got a terrible name for it though, 'Goggles' I think.

Anyway I've loaned him £20 for a start and given him Alan Hardy's contact number (he asked for something called an 'e-mail', but I told him I don't think the Post Office accept them over here).

Having lost my life savings when Pan AM went bust today I am ultra cautious about these new whiz kids, they come up with silly ideas that will never see light of day.

Can you loan me £20 so I can buy one of the new away shirts ?.. as a collectors item they are sure to fetch a fortune on the antiques road show one day.

Having lost my life savings when Pan AM went bust today I am ultra cautious about these new whiz kids, they come up with silly ideas that will never see light of day.

Can you loan me £20 so I can buy one of the new away shirts ?.. as a collectors item they are sure to fetch a fortune on the antiques road show one day.

I'd be happy to lend money to help a fellow collector. I suppose a postal order will have to do. If only there was a way in which an electronic 'pal' could help me pay you immediately.

:idea:

I think I might have an idea.

I'd be happy to lend money to help a fellow collector. I suppose a postal order will have to do. If only there was a way in which an electronic 'pal' could help me pay you immediately.

:idea:

I think I might have an idea.

Thanks Chris, is it alright if I repay you in 2013.. there is something called the Mastricht treaty coming into force in 1992 when we are sure to adopt this new currency called the Euro, I will pay you back in them as its sure to be rock solid in countries like Greece where I used to moor my yacht.

Edited by BP1960

I think we should replace Joe Royle with that Sitton chap at Leyton Orient he's a good old fashioned gaffer with things like threatening to offered to kick a players head in if they play badly, good old fashioned heart and desire that's what we're lacking

I think we will struggle against Scarborough in the League Cup, their goalie is noted for keeping clean sheets and I can't see Frankie Bunn getting a kick.

Edited by BP1960

Just got back from our F.A Youth Cup tie against Barnsley, I reckon every one of our lads will make the grade (except for the left back). I wasn't impressed with the Barnsley keeper though, he's bobbins.

Here's the team sheet;

http://www.flickr.co...70002/lightbox/

Edited by BP1960