OWTB message board 1982 -1994

Why would we go for an untested, unproven, never managed a game in his life manager.

Once again latics showing no ambition we will be non league by 1986

What we need is someone like that Fergurson from Aberdeen - he has proved he can win trophies and so he will get us promoted

(The 82' equiverlant to #) Royle out

nah Ron Saunders is still looking for a job and he won the European Cup, that's the sort of Manager we should be going for. Failing that maybe we should wait to see if City sack John Bond, I like what he said in that documentary for Granada last year

Edited by Tommy_Fent

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah Ron Saunders is still looking for a job and he won the European Cup, that's the sort of Manager we should be going for. Failing that maybe we should wait to see if City sack John Bond, I like what he said in that documentary for Granada last year

Ironically, I was watching that documentary on YouTube before! Featuring a young Roger Palmer...

2-0 up at Bramall Lane and then a massive collapse - typical Latics! I left after the Blades scored their seventh! Apparently it's a record for the ZDS.

Yes 7 goals conceded, it's alright scoring goals, but this manager has no idea about defending ?

Edited by BP1960

Yes 7 goals conceded, it's alright scoring goals, but this manager has no idea about defending ?

Give over! We are top of the league and its a meaningless cup! Glad to be out of it

This board sometimes - top of the league and still slagging the manager

In Royle we trust

I assume you mean The Tube. That Leslie Ash.... :smoking:

Aye, she a drink on a stick at the moment, but this plastic lark is all the rage in the States right now. I hope none of our British beauties fall for it. Anyway, Lee Chapman wouldn't have his lovely soulmate ruined.

What a finish to the season, becoming champions with that late late penalty by Redfearn. I thought I had tempted fate by having my Queen cassette set up with the 'We Are The Champions" track, but it was great playing it loud while driving out of the BP car park, even though the car was spat on by Wednesday fans.

I'm off to show my arse on the Town Hall steps tonight. Anyone joining me? :grin:

Good to see many of you joining me.

9099736243_20cd6e6400_z.jpg

Founder members of the premier league, we're one of the big boys now. We should approach local lower division clubs like Bolton, Burnley, wigan and Blackpool to see if they want to become our feeder club.

Or

Even though £250k is a record for a teenager, I reckon Liverpool have got a gem in Wayne heseltine. He'll be an all time legend for them for sure

Founder members of the premier league, we're one of the big boys now. We should approach local lower division clubs like Bolton, Burnley, wigan and Blackpool to see if they want to become our feeder club.

Or

Even though £250k is a record for a teenager, I reckon Liverpool have got a gem in Wayne heseltine. He'll be an all time legend for them for sure

He's already a legend in Liverpool..

Sorry, I thought you meant Michael Heseltine.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the new away kit is going to be two different shades of green with a white zig-zag (no not the puppets on the Big Breakfast) in the middle

Third kit surely, as the red and white, reverse Ajax one is our away kit. Probably going to use it twice a season, maybe three times.