Derby at BP in League Cup

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a win win game unless we get thrashed. Win and it's a great start to our season. Lose and it's so what they are a championship side. I'm not looking for a cup run I'm looking for a decent run in the league. I also don't accept that an LJ team will need senior opponents to be up for it. I trust those days are now behind us.

I remember Latics beating Derby 1-0 at the Baseball Ground in 1986, with a goal from Roger Palmer. It was on my birthday and a Rams supporter I know arranged for it to be announced over the PA system. It was the opening day of the season, in which Derby finished as Champions and Latics were in the Play-offs.

I don't know the Latics team but the Derby team was:

http://www.11v11.com...st-1986-122147/

I remember Latics beating Derby 1-0 at the Baseball Ground in 1986, with a goal from Roger Palmer. It was on my birthday and a Rams supporter I know arranged for it to be announced over the PA system. It was the opening day of the season, in which Derby finished as Champions and Latics were in the Play-offs.

I don't know the Latics team but the Derby team was:

http://www.11v11.com...st-1986-122147/

I had my birthday read out during half time at BP in the return fixture which was a big match given how both teams were performing. Didn't really appreciate it as we were 3-0 down at the time. Birthday ruined.