Derby at BP in League Cup

What a rather silly thing to suggest. Clearly we should up the prices because 6000 people paying a tenner wouldnt raise as much money as one person paying £7000. Pluse dont forget all the extra stewards and police costs blah blah blah...

You know what, Im not even going to edit this.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure about that?

Yep sorry your right, they got relegated May 2002, it's because I remember Dowies interview saying they had Premier League quality in Riggot and Higginbotham, still it was a good scalp seen as they were as good as Premier League standard having only being releagted a few months before.

Happy with the draw, get them down to our ground and lets see what we can do against them. They're definitely beatable if last season is anything to go off at all so lets have a go and see if we can pull off a win. If not its a cup day so it will be a laugh!

Good draw, be interesting to see us pit our wits against a higher opposition whilst the season is still in it's infancy. Think LJ would definately be up for this as he still has contacts at the club after his loan spell. I'd back us for a slim win 1-0 or 2-1. Come on the boys, Looking forward to start of season now with increasing optimism. Waiting still on CD, CM and CF news though oh and obviously GK...

Youve just made a guess at the score and the fact we could beat them, whilst noting that the complete centre core of our team is currently non existent?!!! I think Ill avoid your tips

Youve just made a guess at the score and the fact we could beat them, whilst noting that the complete centre core of our team is currently non existent?!!! I think Ill avoid your tips

I take your point, however with time on our hands and LJ at the helm i'm still confident that our team will be difficult to beat come the start of the season. IN LJ WE TRUST is the saying, if your not trusting that he can resolve the gaps then maybe it's your posts that should be ignored

I take your point, however with time on our hands and LJ at the helm i'm still confident that our team will be difficult to beat come the start of the season. IN LJ WE TRUST is the saying, if your not trusting that he can resolve the gaps then maybe it's your posts that should be ignored

I wasnt in any way stating that the team wouldnt be any good come the start of the season. I was merely pointing out your logic behind the result you guessed was a bit iffy to say the least. And on that basis I probably wouldnt put my house on your tipping! IN LJ WE TRUST

Blind faith or :censored: off, is that it?

Not at all Stevie, everyone as a latics fan is entitled to their opinion and i'm not saying that youngens opinion is questionable far from it, i've read many relevant comments from him prior to me registering, however as a relative newcomer to the site and having only posted a handful of times it strikes me that if you post, you get slated. whether it's a positive or negative comment your making you get slated, it's still relevant to you at the point of posting. My 'blind faith' is exactly that at this moment in time, but with all the changes and the close season and the stadium build is this not the time to have a little blind faith? new dawn and all that. Come mid season that blind faith may be justified or crucified but i'll face that when and if it happens

PAST DERBY MEMORIES

There have been a few decent game with Derby over the years, obviously the Worthington Cup game stands out for many.

And the FA Cup game of 1994.

Does anyone remember the trips to The Basebell Ground? Was quite young when we plast played there in 1995. We lost 2-1. They had quite a good team IIRC, Lee Carsley in CM, but stand out for me were Marco Gabbiadini and Robin van Der Laan. They also had Dean Sturridge but I dont remember him playing against us at The Baseball Ground.

I've had a quick look and they got promoted that year back to the Prem, we finished 18th.

I am sure I remember watching Latics playing Derby when I was a kid as I was excited to see Marco Gabbiadini play on the grounds he had a brilliant name. IIRC I was also amazed as it was as early kick off (I was an easily entertained child).

Is my mind playing tricks on me or have I got that right?

PAST DERBY MEMORIES

There have been a few decent game with Derby over the years, obviously the Worthington Cup game stands out for many.

And the FA Cup game of 1994.

Does anyone remember the trips to The Basebell Ground? Was quite young when we plast played there in 1995. We lost 2-1. They had quite a good team IIRC, Lee Carsley in CM, but stand out for me were Marco Gabbiadini and Robin van Der Laan. They also had Dean Sturridge but I dont remember him playing against us at The Baseball Ground.

I've had a quick look and they got promoted that year back to the Prem, we finished 18th.

I went in 85/86 when we won 1.0, Ron Futcher scored, remember Mark Wright playing for them at CB