Doncaster Swapsie !

And only 10 days after Brian Parkin's super show for Bridtol Rovers. There were a few keepers that had the games of their lives that season at BP remember the late Mel Rees preventing a cricket score against WBA, Brian Horne got Millwall and Miklosko stealing a point for West Ham....

Former Villa keeper on loan at Hull during the Championship season had an absolute worldy at BP he was awesome and a big reason why we went down to our only home defeat that season that night in March '91

Hull went down that year too. I can remember their fans giving Jobson loads of stick for having left them.

There was a game v Hull where Andy Payton swallows his tongue and I think Ian Marshall ha to help him. Not sure it was the same game, but very vivid memories!

And only 10 days after Brian Parkin's super show for Bridtol Rovers. There were a few keepers that had the games of their lives that season at BP remember the late Mel Rees preventing a cricket score against WBA, Brian Horne got Millwall and Miklosko stealing a point for West Ham....

Ludo Miklosko irritated the hell out of me. He was great in the 90/91 match. Seem to remember him catching absolutely everything as well when West Ham beat us 2-1 at BP late in 93/94 and sank another nail in our 'Goodbye Premier League' coffin.

Hull went down that year too. I can remember their fans giving Jobson loads of stick for having left them.

There was a game v Hull where Andy Payton swallows his tongue and I think Ian Marshall ha to help him. Not sure it was the same game, but very vivid memories!

Year before mate, March '90 3-0 up before clinging on

25 secs in

Ian Marshall didn't but my Dad did as he saw the physio had put his bag down too far away for him to reach and he needed a Guedel airway. My dad ran out dragging Dr Kelso with him.

It's not the first time he went onto the pitch to help save a player either and it wasn't the last time he helped save a player's life either.

25 secs in

That video is painful for so many reasons.

The aplomb with which Palmer and Marshall score their goals, not seen the like at BP for years.

The size of the crowd.

Halle berating the defence for conceding when we are 3-0 up.

That video is painful for so many reasons.

The aplomb with which Palmer and Marshall score their goals, not seen the like at BP for years.

The size of the crowd.

Halle berating the defence for conceding when we are 3-0 up.

Did Halle even play for us then...

25 secs in

Wow, years since I've seen that footage. Jobson scoring for them I don't remember. Moulden signed to replace Palmer also not my recollection. We were a great side then tho eh? Maybe one day we'll be able to enjoy that again. I keep the faith.

SO lets review this, we let go of a seemingly impressive GK coach-by all accounts well respected, but who we nearly went down with, and the team promoted as champions take off us. But we get the chance of a GK coach from the team who went up as champions.

I think we have the better of the deal, don't we?

If it turns out to be true and Butler comes here I am going to get in trouble on this board for suggesting it was disingenuous of our shrewd manager to say he had lined up somebody as good if not better than gerrard ( his words) 2 days before said replacement knew he was being dismissed and available

Let's hope it is bull...but then true or false somebody is talking bull. MC or LDJ?

If it turns out to be true and Butler comes here I am going to get in trouble on this board for suggesting it was disingenuous of our shrewd manager to say he had lined up somebody as good if not better than gerrard ( his words) 2 days before said replacement knew he was being dismissed and available

Let's hope it is bull...but then true or false somebody is talking bull. MC or LDJ?

I really don't understand your point.

Are you happy if you are proved wrong?

I have a healthy caution with LJ, but if he has got Butler, then I will be delighted he has not just talked the talk.

Would you?

or LJ had someone in mind and was then made aware of Butler's availability and decided he was better still, in which case there's no big bad conspiracy

It took LDJ by surprise that Gerrard was leaving but he says that he had planned for this unexpected eventuality by having a replacement lined up just in case, and incredibly the lined up person turns out to be person gerrard was brought into replace and who had agreed to join us even though he did not know he was going to lose his job to the person he had agreed to replace!

My point is that somebody is talking bollocks... Let us hope it is MC

PS no doubt there are several board colleagues ready to suggest who it is who is talking bollocks!

Was only my 4th or 5th ever Latics game that first time I ever saw us a lose a game.