The 2013 Ashes Thread

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England are batting, may bite us on the arse

Bat long. Tire the Aussies out. Give our bowlers a rest. Bat them out of the game, and then bowl out a tired team. It does make sense.

Hopefully some of our out of form batsmen can get scores.

Putting them in again and trying to beat them by an innings sounded very tempting though.

Is that because he was in the team in 2005?

-

It helps. i am keeping KP and bell from the England 2005. Cook in for either opener, Trott in for Vaughan, Prior in for G Jones, Anderson for Hoggard and i would toss a coin to decide between Swann and Giles.

It helps. i am keeping KP and bell from the England 2005. Cook in for either opener, Trott in for Vaughan, Prior in for G Jones, Anderson for Hoggard and i would toss a coin to decide between Swann and Giles.

Swann in for Giles every day of the week.

You'd have to keep one of Strauss or Vaughan for the captaincy as they were both great at it.

Swann in for Giles every day of the week.

You'd have to keep one of Strauss or Vaughan for the captaincy as they were both great at it.

I must sharpen up my irony skills - although Giles was actually decent when allowed to attack. I think Vaughan was in the right place at the right time as captain, and is actually a prick on an epic scale

I must sharpen up my irony skills - although Giles was actually decent when allowed to attack. I think Vaughan was in the right place at the right time as captain, and is actually a prick on an epic scale

Strauss it is then.

I wasn't sure if you had some kind of soft spot for the King of Spain and wanted to keep him for his Trent Bridge batting exploits. Stranger things have happened.

I thought he might have declared an hour before stumps to see if we could grab a cheeky wicket or two.

As it stands, have an hour/Root 200 and then get them in.

Let root get 200, then say "swing the bat and we declare as soon as 1 of you is out - or at 12:30". If root goes - declare straight away.

I wouldn't have broad coming in, even if Root is on 199. Can't risk him getting a whack on the hand.