The 2013 Ashes Thread

When I used to play (poorly at times) I would always walk, one game, a member of the other team told me I was stupid as you get that many bad decisions you should take your bit of luck. Broad has to live with his decision, not everyone is the same, and I suppose not many Aussies would have walked.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erasmus should be fined for two shocking decisions on the First Day, how the hell he can give Trott out when all the information is not available to him, smacks of winging it!

It shows the technology is not infallible and the decision should have stayed on the field. It's the same in RL, the referees are using the Video Ref for the hell of it now, there was an incident in the Sheffield/London Challenge Cup Tie last night, the lad was dragged 2 yards into touch with his legs and torso well over the line before stretching out and grounding the ball in goal - .the touch judge was a few feet away yet still didn't make the decision. It wasn't particularly in the blink of an eye either yet still, 'let's go to the screen'. The officials are going to the screen now 'just in case', that's not what the technology is there for. And it's pretty much how many teams are using their DRS reviews now in Cricket…..

Edited by oafcprozac

Well done Ian Bell.

In a perfect world Id bat til just before tea - have them face 2 or 3 overs before the break requiring about 450.

Hopefully the lead is 350+. I know we should win anyway, but Edgebaston 2005 keeps popping up in my mind