The 2013 Ashes Thread

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on saturday Old Trafford is a much improved venue. Loads going on in the lunch / tea breaks.

Food was vastly over priced.

I am 6ft 3 and was told the legroom was a problem in the temp stand. I got lucky as I was on the first row of the block - so had no one in front. The stewarding was good - no walking in front of us during play.

Overall a good day, sunburnt though.

Really enjoyed the day. Much improved venue, still hate the Point, will tolerate the pavilion.

Bad light farce.

I was in the Point on Sunday. It really is quality.

Is anyone who has a ticket today actually bothering?

I had a ticket and went down. Got more play that I expected when I woke up, but gutted we didn't get more than 90 mins. But I can say I was there when we retained the Ashes.

I was in the Point on Sunday. It really is quality.

I had a ticket and went down. Got more play that I expected when I woke up, but gutted we didn't get more than 90 mins. But I can say I was there when we retained the Ashes.

Do you get half the money of the ticket off an India or ODI ticket next year?

Looks like a good job they were in such disarray for the first two tests.

Bairstow surely needs to be taken out of the firing line now and actually I wouldn't take him on tour.

Root was doing fine in the middle order, should have left him there.

Taylor is a fine player but think Boycott has a point when he says he's too small to play Test cricket.

Carberry in for me or maybe even Hales looking ahead to the winter and beyond.

We need an opener who can score at a decent rate. Cook has always been one to take his time, and so has Trott, so we need someone a little bit different in the top 3. Root scores far too slowly as an opener, and just seems to heap pressure on himself with his scoring rate.

I'd be in favour of dropping Bairstow and putting Root down the order. And I'd be tempted to open with Ian Bell. Geoff Boycott is forever saying that your best batsmen should play in the top 4, and at the moment, Bell is our best batsman. He opens for the one day team, it might be worth giving him a go in the test team.

DRS tying itself in knots again.

Umpire gives the Aussie out caught behind.

Aussie reviews it. Ball hit the pad, not the bat.

Third umpire looks at it for LBW. All in line, clipping the top of the stump - umpire's call.

Umpire's call was out. But because he didn't think it was LBW originally it's not out.

Obviously.

DRS tying itself in knots again.

Umpire gives the Aussie out caught behind.

Aussie reviews it. Ball hit the pad, not the bat.

Third umpire looks at it for LBW. All in line, clipping the top of the stump - umpire's call.

Umpire's call was out. But because he didn't think it was LBW originally it's not out.

Obviously.

Ridiculous. Best case yet for scrapping DRS.