The 2013 Ashes Thread

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not because of the weather, gambled on scores tied, a sporting bet at 100/1 with 20 needed and 1 wicket left. Even the most optomistic would not have thought it was going to rain.

You would have lost then. As far as the bookies are concerned, a draw and a tie are different results outside of the final session. If its a tie, win bets are settled as a dead heat and a draw loses.

You would have lost then. As far as the bookies are concerned, a draw and a tie are different results outside of the final session. If its a tie, win bets are settled as a dead heat and a draw loses.

What Dave said, a draw is not a tie.

I thought we had blown it. Our middle order need a good look at themselves, we shouldn't have been in this position, the final sessions should have seen us with men around the bat looking for the nicks rather than further out stopping them getting fours.

But we won, got over the cup final defeat and finished the job off. A few days to regroup and get stuck into them again.

That ball from Warne is my first ashes memory. I was 9.

First cricket memory is going to see Carl Hooper smash 188 in the wood cup final for Middleton vs Heywood (or heywood vs middleton)

It was at Middleton for Werneth against Heywood.....I was playing. It wasn't as high as 188

I never said they weren't good players, I said we shouldn't worry about them.

Do you seriously think KP or Cook are having nightmares about the Aussie bowling attack? Siddle is a good hard working bowler, but he is no Glenn McGrath. Not even close to players like Jimmy or Dale Steyn. None of them are.

If we play to our potential, we will win this series comfortably. If we don't, they will make it difficult for us.

Over there will be entirely different though.

-

How would I have lost when the board in the bookies said draw 100/1, this was at lunch yesterday. ( I know I lost because England won). This draw was for a tie.