Wimbledon

Hope there's someone in that half to send Murray the misery packing.

Murray's a decent enough guy, just not all that charismatic. And he's British, so I hope he wins it.

Robson did well to turn around her game today after being on the brink of defeat, although she was gifted a fair bit by Erakovic's meltdown. She'll have to improve to get any further.

Murray's a decent enough guy, just not all that charismatic. And he's British, so I hope he wins it.

Robson did well to turn around her game today after being on the brink of defeat, although she was gifted a fair bit by Erakovic's meltdown. She'll have to improve to get any further.

Indeed, agree on both points. I think people who slate Murray sometimes forget he is from Dunblane.

Robson might win her next game but if she does she will be playing Serena in the quarters. Robson will do well not to loose 6-0, 6-0 against her.

Indeed, agree on both points. I think people who slate Murray sometimes forget he is from Dunblane.

Robson might win her next game but if she does she will be playing Serena in the quarters. Robson will do well not to loose 6-0, 6-0 against her.

Everyone has an off day

Robson will do well to get through to play serena and if she does , will do we to get 3 games in either set

One day she'll win Wimbledon though, wonder what odds you could get on that now?

Everyone has an off day

Robson will do well to get through to play serena and if she does , will do we to get 3 games in either set

One day she'll win Wimbledon though, wonder what odds you could get on that now?

When she won the girls tournament a few years ago a bookmaker reportedly was offering 20/1 for her to win by 2020. So I'd guess slightly less than or equal that.

I'm not sure where people get this from. Yeah, he doesn't tell any jokes or do any juggling when he's forced to do tedious interviews with Sue Barker, but he show's passion on court and always comes across as having quite a dry sense of humour when he does his bits for charity.

Really hope he wins it - was never really that bothered about tennis before when real dullards like Henman and Rusedski were representing Britain...

Stand to be corrected, but according to Wiki the last time a British player won Wimbledon, Latics finished 4th in the third tier of English football the season that followed.

Just saying....

Edited by JoeP

Stand to be corrected, but according to Wiki the last time a British player won Wimbledon, Latics finished 4th in the third tier of English football the season that followed.

Just saying....

Almost spot on it was Div 3N. Very, very good shout though.

Great attitude from Murray. Every time it looked like Djokovic had found a way in, Murray came back and closed the door on him. Very impressive to win in straight sets against an in-form Djokovic. Must have been bloody exhausting playing in that heat, especially the length of many of the rallies.

As delighted as I am that Murray has won it, it feels to me that the battle is over but the war has just begun. We really should be looking to get 5 players in the Top 50 (or 10 in the Top 100) of both men's and women's games asap.

As a tennis coach myself, hopefully I can influence this positively in whatever way I can!