That's a vastly experienced player , who held his own in the prem , and is a very reliable championship centre half with 2 or 3 years left in him.

In fact I'd think that any player released from Blackpool is out of our league, ffs we avoided relegation to the bottom tier by the skin of our teeth !!!

I sense another opportunity here. If he signs, and we could pick up Rory Fallon (released by Aberdeen), get Conor Sammon from Derby, and coax Peter Ndlovu out of retirement, we could corner the market for Buzzcocks-themed lineups:

Evatt Fallon Ndlovu (With Sammon You Shouldn't've)

Why aren't the club doing this? Boo. Shez out, etc.

That's a vastly experienced player , who held his own in the prem , and is a very reliable championship centre half with 2 or 3 years left in him.

/quote]

Bit like Gregan was then.

Players will go anywhere if the money is right, obviously if he is asking for 10k a week then he won't be joining us, but at 2-3k a week I'd like to think we should be in there pitching.

Matt Chambers:

Nothing whatsoever in the Ian Evatt to #oafc rumour that is doing the rounds I'm afraid.

If I was LJ and Matt Chambers rang me/tweeted me/sent Harry Potters owl round asking if there was any truth in a potential signing, I'd damn well deny it! Cos if he comes out and says yes then the fecker will be signing for Doncaster a day later!

Molly Chambers works for the Chronicle. The oracle he is not.

• 1 month later...