Without Corney we wouldn't have a club. With more supporters we could have a thriving club. Looking back over years when our team was performing better than recently, gates were still poor. I don't see our armchair fans changing their habit. Look at the level of support for our Rugby League team as well and compare this to other similar towns. Basically our people aren't bothered, unless it's a big cup game. I'm amazed anyone would want to pour money into a club like ours, so I'm glad when they do.

The crowd was 6000+ when TTA took over, somewhere along the lines we've shed 2000 punters. I am afraid TTA must take some of the blame for that as well as the town. If Cool cash was sniffing and claiming to the press he hoped to have this league club in the bag prior to the season starting just what as stopped the deal? Could it be TTA don't believe he is the man to take the club forward? was it never Latics Cool Cash was refering? or is the amount wanted to much?

If TTA hadn't bought the club some other mug would have, who knows how things would have panned out but it's bollocks to say we wouldn't have a club without them.

I wouldn't quite be that definitive but I agree with the sentiment. The landlords were first in the queue and after the palaver with the fake Norwegian bid Jarvis and Joy unsurprisingly had squeaky bums. The landlords even when doing well never had massive amounts of money as they never made the Times Rich List, unlike the fraudster.

I wouldn't quite be that definitive but I agree with the sentiment. The landlords were first in the queue and after the palaver with the fake Norwegian bid Jarvis and Joy unsurprisingly had squeaky bums. The landlords even when doing well never had massive amounts of money as they never made the Times Rich List, unlike the fraudster.

Indeed. Things did look pretty grim when that Norwegian guy turned out to be full of :censored:. I'm grateful TTA came in, but they haven't done a brilliant job by any stretch.

If TTA hadn't bought the club some other mug would have, who knows how things would have panned out but it's bollocks to say we wouldn't have a club without them.

The Administrator said the Club was 24 hours from liquidation and there were no other prospective purchasers.

Without Corney we wouldn't have a club.

Im sick of hearing this comment.....In the past 10 years how many football clubs have gone to the wall and closed down.......if you count Scotland...1 Gretna

The club would go into administration and someone would buy the club for a pound. Someone would buy it they always do look at every club that has gone into administration. Mr Corney and the other 2 who pissed off bought the club for 1 reason, a land deal. Deal to the economic climate thats gone tits up and thats why 2 of them :censored:ed off quickly.

I just want honesty from the club, why not say the directors are owed 5m and when we get it back we will sell BP. So we took 1m from the FA Cup run to pay that off, we took the 80k from Deane Smalley going to Oxford and Neal Eardley going to Blackpool and took it off the debt.

JUST BE HONEST CORNEY

Im sick of hearing this comment.....In the past 10 years how many football clubs have gone to the wall and closed down.......if you count Scotland...1 Gretna

The club would go into administration and someone would buy the club for a pound. Someone would buy it they always do look at every club that has gone into administration. Mr Corney and the other 2 who pissed off bought the club for 1 reason, a land deal. Deal to the economic climate thats gone tits up and thats why 2 of them :censored:ed off quickly.

I just want honesty from the club, why not say the directors are owed 5m and when we get it back we will sell BP. So we took 1m from the FA Cup run to pay that off, we took the 80k from Deane Smalley going to Oxford and Neal Eardley going to Blackpool and took it off the debt.

JUST BE HONEST CORNEY

The books were opened up to anyone wanting to look and a couple of people went along to view them (I think Lees Lover may have been one of them), nothing is being hidden.

If you want to have a look for yourself, you will be able to get a copy of the accounts from Companies House for £1.

The club would go into administration and someone would buy the club for a pound. Someone would buy it they always do look at every club that has gone into administration.

I'd rather such brinkmanship & risk wasn't applied to the running and future of mine and my kids club.

As with everybody else on this board, I have no idea on the income & costs of running a football club but I would say that, in terms of trying to get a return on any investment, there are much easier ways of making money.

TTA bought the club and invested money because there was the prospect of creating a valuable asset which could have been sold at a profit. The win win of owning a football club and making money. They also lent money to the football club, as keeping it afloat for the subsequent sale was always part of the plan.

This all died when the banking industry killed economic growth and asset values. TTA have left SC in charge, I believe he cares (but), and we have moved into a phase where the wages cap will allow us to survive and break even.

There is no point in them asking for their money back from the football club. All they can do, and I think it is clear are doing, is to try to get a return from the land they own. If values had been higher I suspect they might have pulled the plug on the football club, demolished the stadium and sold the land. Fortunately the new stand will make that way out less attractive and it is no wonder that despite what has been hinted that the new stand is a business deal and not, as we expected, an attempt to increase the revenue flowing into the football club. Presumably most of the FA cup money made its way via the TTA in repayment of loans to fund the new stand.

The club will only be sold if someone has more money than sense, unless and until TTA decide to cut and run. When relegation looked a possibility that might have done it but after much dithering, no doubt financially motivated, the appointment of Lee Johnson saved the day.

In Lee Johnson I trust. In Simon Corney I'm not sure.

...If values had been higher I suspect they might have pulled the plug on the football club, demolished the stadium and sold the land. Fortunately the new stand will make that way out less attractive...

If land values had been higher TTA would have gone ahead with the planning permission. The reduced land values made the redevelopment of the area surrounding the stadium non-viable. Surely, if TTA wanted to maximise their investment they would have made up the shortfall in the value of the land by demolishing BP and building on what would have been a much larger site.

If land values had been higher TTA would have gone ahead with the planning permission. The reduced land values made the redevelopment of the area surrounding the stadium non-viable. Surely, if TTA wanted to maximise their investment they would have made up the shortfall in the value of the land by demolishing BP and building on what would have been a much larger site.

This!

mine and my kids club.

However much you think that it is, it really isn't at all. You could argue that 3% is your voice on the board, but it would be ridiculous to assume that would have any effect at board-room level.