New North Stand: Construction to start...

Mike Keegan tweeted under MENOAFC "Am told the terrace for the new stand may be in place for start of new season. Should look better than last year" on 25th June!

Pie in the Sky that, I've recently been told.

Edited by oafcprozac

Mike Keegan tweeted under MENOAFC "Am told the terrace for the new stand may be in place for start of new season. Should look better than last year" on 25th June!

They maybe put in place but a lot of structural anlysis will need to be taken place which could take up to 6 months, then they will move onto the roof

Pretty sure the last comments from SC were that it hadn't gone out to tender yet or that the tenders were not yet due back in - have there been any noises on that front I've missed?

Yeah, the correct postage was missed off the documents sent out to tender. If firms want to submit quotes they first have to pick the Copy drawings up from Hamilton Street and pay the difference................ :shakeit:

It says "it will be clear for construction to begin 'soon". Don't be counting those chickens yet, when I see heavy plant arriving then I'll believe.....even then I'll be worrying about a Port Vale scenario...

Likewise, but it also says "...will soon be replaced by the new North Stand." :towork:

The Rome Mill wasn't built in a day and, before some doom-merchant says it, I know it's now demolished and houses built on the site.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace.

I'm impressed with the way the club are going about the demolition of the remaining sections of the Lookers.

Let's be honest it's only completing the half-arsed job that the demolition firm did in the Summer of 2008. Looks like there's finally a firm on the case that knows what they're doing. Looks a good tidy job so far....

Health & Safety will prohibit the ball-boys/girls from entering the building site. There's a lot of balls talked about the budget, but will it cover the purchase of a lot more balls?

Ball goes into building site, we have someone go in there sometime before building work recommences to retrieve it. The builders aren't going to be working at night and on a Sunday, so shouldn't worry about it.

It's not like we are the first club to play whilst building a new stand next to the pitch.

Ball goes into building site, we have someone go in there sometime before building work recommences to retrieve it. The builders aren't going to be working at night and on a Sunday, so shouldn't worry about it.

It's not like we are the first club to play whilst building a new stand next to the pitch.

I wasn't worrying about it. I was joining the budget-bashers temporarily.