Kieran Lee

Better than Ian wood?...

Only old folk like me would be able to pass judgement on that one, Lee was solid from what I witnessed and obviously did enough to impress for a move to a club nearly 3 times the size of ours

Lee is the best RB we have had for years!! I can't believe we have people even questioning it on here!! Name a better one in the last 10 years (permanent only)

Exactly. It's not saying much.

He's definitely one of the best footballers we've had in recent years. Is right back really his position?

He was easy on the eye (in a football, not gay, sense), decent going forward but very average defensively.

Granted, a lot of that might have been down to Dickov's lack of instruction.

No he wasn't.

We conceded a lot of goals down that side. Teams seemed to target it.

Yep - sorry, but he was.

An 8 out of 10 player in that position most games. The countless awards are definately testiment to that. He was easily our best player from RB.

What i'd give to have a player of his ability as our current RB. We can only wish...

First of all,I liked Lee,He was a good servant to the club but better than Ian Wood? Nooooh!

Secondly whilst Irwin was a LB at Utd, he was RB during his Latics career.

Thanks for that one :chubb: It's been a long time since those heady days on the plastic :grin:

Denis was arguably one of the best pieces of business Fergie ever made. He got a monumental BARGAIN!

Denis Irwin is the kind of player who could be described as absolutely amazing with making you cringe.

Kieran Lee is not.

Lee was decent and deserved to step up - better than any of the right back options we've had since but not as good as Eardley.