Jose Baxter

Hate to be yet again talking about a potential move for him because I hate seeing it myself when people are certain he is going to go because I would like to think he likes it here and wants to stay.

BUT

I'm seeing all over Twitter that Bolton have activated his release clause, I could see this happening because Dougie Freedman had him at trial at Palace and rated him but said he wasn't fit enough for the Championship, now he is match fit could he be possibly be on the move? There is also murmurs that Burnely have bid for him as well...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three things have to happen.

1) Somebody wants to sign him.

2) The club want to sell him.

3) The player is willing to go.

It would help towards paying for the stand.

However, Baxter is absolutely pivotal for us to do anything this season as well as that if we want to keep progressing as a club we would want to keep our best players like Baxter rather than paying for a stand which we can already pay for.

However, Baxter is absolutely pivotal for us to do anything this season as well as that if we want to keep progressing as a club we would want to keep our best players like Baxter rather than paying for a stand which we can already pay for.

I'd love him to stay. I think he will stay.

But I'm not totally convinced that a player like Baxter is essential to Lee Johnson's vision. I'd be confident that he could get a system working without José.

If the new stand is £4m and £1.5m is moving from council and Football Foundation where is the other £2.5m coming from?

I'd love him to stay. I think he will stay.

But I'm not totally convinced that a player like Baxter is essential to Lee Johnson's vision. I'd be confident that he could get a system working without José.

If the new stand is £4m and £1.5m is moving from council and Football Foundation where is the other £2.5m coming from?

I suppose he could find someone to replace Baxter and work with his vision but I would much rather keep Jose who knows the club etc and the way we play rather than someone new, also I don't think we could find someone as good as Baxter with the little money we have.

And I know we have to find the money to pay for the stand but surely Corney has plans on how to do that, he wouldn't of commenced building if he didn't, plus Baxter's transfer fee will only be 1m meaning we will still have to find 1.5m from somewhere...

The release clause will be way lower than 1m so I wouldn't read too much into it.

It's alot lower than a mill but the twitter page dosnt say they have bid a mill the way I read that it's what he is valued at.

It's common knowledge his actual valuation is more than his release clause.

Time will tell

That's another reason why I don't want Baxter to leave, he is a top young footballer and the transfer money we got for him we wouldn't re - invest with, it would just go in the pot like all the other transfer fees we have seen such as Eaves with none of the fans not having a clue what was done with the money.

And for me, in today's marker Baxter is worth at least 1m, 17 LEAGUE goals plus countless assists for a player who is only 21 is top, top class. Definitely worth at least 1m. We should hold out until someone bids at least 1m.

At the start of January I would never have believed he'd still be here now, the last 8 months have been a bonus.

Losing Baxter now is nowhere near as much of a hit to us as it would have been then, I would hope his wage could be used towards a new CB!

His value was £0 a few months ago.

Agreedbut for the talent he is and the release clause represents excellent value for money.

I don't no the exact amount but from a few people who tend to be in the loop it's not a huge amount.

When you look at some I the fees paid recently the lad from Peterborough to place a prime example I think it's fair to say he is worth a hell of a lot more than his release clause.

But if he goes we get a fee and he could of left 6-7 months ago for nowt so can't complain just rather he didn't go

Corney said last week that his clause isn't a good price for us, but it was a sacrifice we had to make to get him to sign in January. I'd suspect it will be somewhere about 350k.

I said it in Jan and I'll say it now : if he does go, I will remain grateful that I've had the pleasure of watching him wear the Blue or Tangerine (or raspberry). The man is an amazing talent at this level. I was only thinking last night that a club like Derby would be perfect for him. Big club with aspirations of, eventually, gracing the top flight again...

Agreedbut for the talent he is and the release clause represents excellent value for money.

I don't no the exact amount but from a few people who tend to be in the loop it's not a huge amount.

When you look at some I the fees paid recently the lad from Peterborough to place a prime example I think it's fair to say he is worth a hell of a lot more than his release clause.

But if he goes we get a fee and he could of left 6-7 months ago for nowt so can't complain just rather he didn't go

Corney has apparently said its not enough but that could means anything.

£1 million won't be enough in Corneys eyes especially looking at some of the fees paid nowadays.

If we get paid similar to the fees we got for Trotmam or Eaves or the lad sold to Everton then we have serious negotiation issues at the clubs because compared to them Jose is the finished article.