Jose Baxter

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baxter is playing his best football with us now.

He's playing for a better manager, in a better team, and better football compared to last season. Surely Jose sees that.

Would be a stupid decision to join Rovers. However much Dickov is a nice guy and gave him his chance, he isn't a good manager and it surely isn't fun playing in an unfit team seemingly without shape and direction and where wins are hard to come by - we'll have to see if this improves at Doncaster!

This story is based on Doncaster being able to break the clause and, understandably, being interested. And from the fact that we, understandably, would find it very hard not to cash in. Perfectly reasonable.

But it's perhaps not from Jose actually wanting to leave - we don't know yet if he'd want to go to Rovers.

If he keeps doing what he's doing here, he'd get a better move - and prob more money - in January or next summer.

But if he does go, fair play and all the best. Like Matt Smith, he's earned it and he kept us up.

Edited by IceStationLatic

id like to know how everyone knows people's salarys aswell... me and my dad are always discussing it and disagreeing, id say the likes of dave mellor/kirk millar/Winchester are all similar with about 400-500 a week and then the likes of grounds/dayton 1200 then the odd big wage for the likes of baxter and rooney

In context Wabarra is on just shy of £40,000 a week (Unbelievable really but true) desperate for Jose to stay this season and wouldnt moan if he then moved on as think he would get a proper club like a Derby and be valued more by someone like Clough. He could really enjoy his season this year Bolton... Mmmmm please no.

Utter respect for the lad staying in Jan and think he has more about him than most footballers and being central to LJs plans will matter to him.

Agree with Lags he will stay.

Wabara's on around £3k a week, City aren't that stupid. Source? One of his ex-team mates

Happy or not Lags, money talks mate and if the offer is right and the club is right he will be off.....

However I have said similar, it all depends on how he views LJ,s vision for the club IMO

It's just my personal feeling brother, I reckon he'll give it a go this season.

In context Wabarra is on just shy of £40,000 a week (Unbelievable really but true) desperate for Jose to stay this season and wouldnt moan if he then moved on as think he would get a proper club like a Derby and be valued more by someone like Clough. He could really enjoy his season this year Bolton... Mmmmm please no.

Utter respect for the lad staying in Jan and think he has more about him than most footballers and being central to LJs plans will matter to him.

Agree with Lags he will stay.

If Wabara's on £40,000 a week, I'll eat my house.