Jose Baxter

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get anything less than 1m (for me I say he's worth at least 1.5m) then I will throwing up every day for weeks to come, probably till the end of the season.

You have seen and understood there's a release clause in his contract right?

And its relatively low?

All partnof the deal for him to re-sign with us in Jan....

You keep hoping for a million.

You'll be disappointed.

I mentioned it a while ago when he was rumoured to be off, but if Matt Ritchie is worth £500k, then Baxter is worth at least that. Remember, he has 2 years left on his contract. If the release clause is lower then we've made profit and we're playing League One football - something we might not have been without him last season.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it. He seems grounded here and will really progress under LJ. Personally think that he'll move on in January,

You have seen and understood there's a release clause in his contract right?

And its relatively low?

All partnof the deal for him to re-sign with us in Jan....

You keep hoping for a million.

You'll be disappointed.

I know there is a release clause I'm just responding to these specific rumours.

Even if Bolton or burnley get to the stage of speaking to Jose what's to say he will go, he's already turned down 5k a week in January, from an unbiased view I think he would be better off staying here playing regular football, not something he is guaranteed at the other 2

If Jose did go, then move Mellor into midfield and bring in a CB if we can, but I don't know how the wage cap works. Is it ongoing during the season, or is it fixed at the latest accounts, or at the end of the season or what?

Baxter had offers of more money in January and turned them down, and probably will now. I'm sure his Dad will advise hm to see how it goes with us If he's happy here. If we aren't doing as well as he had hoped next January then see what's on offer. The more sought after he is the bigger his wages can be.

Corney has apparently said its not enough but that could means anything.

£1 million won't be enough in Corneys eyes especially looking at some of the fees paid nowadays.

If we get paid similar to the fees we got for Trotmam or Eaves or the lad sold to Everton then we have serious negotiation issues at the clubs because compared to them Jose is the finished article.

I was the one who asked Simon the question last week and it was clear from his response that had we not inserted a release fee at a figure they requested then he would not have signed in jan! Which would you rather have Jose gone on a free in

Jan or get something for him 8 months down the line?

I know the clause had to be put in there but my point is there is a point where you draw the line.

"Its not enough" how much does Corney think he is worth?

100k? 500k? 3 mill?

It won't be enough but in today's market it could be higher than we think? The club and the agent still have to find a deal for both parties

I would guess 750k, I would hope for more

Edited by palmer1

Latics sell their best players, what inevitably happens?.. the team form dips, fans are lost and the club are back to square one pleading poverty again.

This is a golden chance to build a very good team over the next couple of years and that won't be done by selling the family silver.

Latics sell their best players, what inevitably happens?.. the team form dips, fans are lost and the club are back to square one pleading poverty again.

This is a golden chance to build a very good team over the next couple of years and that won't be done by selling the family silver.

If the clause is hit and Baxter wants to leave then we don't have a choice!

I know, but if there's a minimum fee release cause on the players contract then we don't have much of a say in the matter

If the offer is real then a lot will depend on what Jose thinks of LJ,s vision for the club

If he like us think that we may have something special then with 2 years left on a contract he may want to see how the next 12 months pan out, there is always January if the :censored: hits the fan

If the offer is real then a lot will depend on what Jose thinks of LJ,s vision for the club

If he like us think that we may have something special then with 2 years left on a contract he may want to see how the next 12 months pan out, there is always January if the :censored: hits the fan

Not a chance, when I thought it was just Doncaster interested I wasn't too worried, i didn't think Jose would fancy another stint under Dickov and chances are they'd be back in league 1 next year. If Bolton and Burnley have triggered his release clause then we're screwed, can't see him passing the opportunity to play for an established championship club on far better wages then he's on here. I'd hate to see him go but if he does it'd be good if we managed to get a centre back and midfielder to the team.

Not a chance, when I thought it was just Doncaster interested I wasn't too worried, i didn't think Jose would fancy another stint under Dickov and chances are they'd be back in league 1 next year. If Bolton and Burnley have triggered his release clause then we're screwed, can't see him passing the opportunity to play for an established championship club on far better wages then he's on here. I'd hate to see him go but if he does it'd be good if we managed to get a centre back and midfielder to the team.

Don't be too surprised to see Nigel Clough putting in a bid either...

So, assuming any buyers know the amount of the release clause, the only benefit from a bidding war would be to Jose's personal terms?

If they don't know the amount of the release clause, i think Jose needs to sack his agent.