Jose Baxter

If Doncaster stump up the required cash he'll be away, he won't be turning down a Championship club on the basis that they might be nearer the bottom than the top.

He might turn it down on the basis of either not getting as much game time or not actually wanting to move though.

Personally, I don't think he will go to Donny, Bolton will his destination if they're in for him - I said earlier up the thread, good move for him.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think that Baxter will be signing for Bolton after just seeing them sign Jay Spearing for around 1m, Freedman was saying that he was going to do all in his power to sign Spearing etc so I don't think they will splash the cash on Baxter as well who won't break into the first team now

If Doncaster get the cash to sign him he'll be gone! I seem to remember Jose making positive comments about Dickov a few times last season, Doncaster's squad looks terrible and with a manager who already knows him he'll definitely play.

We'll disagree on that one then. Not disputing he's a great player, but I didn't rate him for large patches of last season, for various reasons.

Not like me and you to disagree, Clare!

I agree sometimes he played like he had learning difficulties, but I thought that was nearer the end of the season...

for all the critisicm dickov gets, rightly so... he is the one to thank that jose baxter is an oldham player, probably also the reason he signed back on in January.

Dickov would be the perfect Director of Football - great eye for a player, great ability to get them to sign.

Look what Philliskirk and Johnson then did with Matt Smith, Connor Brown, David Mellor, Tarky, Croft etc.. after he went.

Should we get him back when Doncaster sack him?

Can we not re-negotiate his contract to increase the buy out clause in exchange for a pay rise and a savage goal scoring bonus. Need to put your hands in your pockets to keep your best players.

You think we can afford more than the current £3,500 p/w he's already on?? I don't.