"

I heard today that the carthorse you refer to is on about six grand a week and that Baxter is not too far behind!"

£600k per annum is about a third of turnover. Do you really believe what you have posted?

Could have some unknown investment or something..... not really arsed just telling what I'd heard. It has come from a source who has been more often than not spot on before.

One thing is certain, regardless of any potential payout from Swindon, he had offers from bigger clubs and despite what you say he'll be on a fair wedge.

We were signing two CB's before the Rooney link and now we are struggling to get one......Hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling Baxter's departure will finance the Rooney deal and pay for a CB. I also think Byrne (hopefully) will be as Scunthorpe before the window closes.

The best team won today and I have no compaints. Very well organised and all comfortable on the ball. Tarky was MOM by a mile and people who say Bryne should play instead of Mellor are deluded as he looked like a bloody carthorse when he came on.

Not too despondent as it's early days, Clarke Harris might have made the difference today as ws were a bit lightweight up top. I think we will fare better away from home where we will get a bit more space. I thought Rodgers did well when he came on and I think we need to beef up the midfield perhaps at the expense of a winger.

Much better football to watch and as we progress we will get better...KTF

Summed up perfectly

We are a little short in a few areas.

The full-backs were really crap, but we have no alternatives.

The midfield lacks a playmaker, but we can't afford one. Tubby Baxter could then be pushed forward.

The flanks lack the quality of Lee Croft - come back Lee...oh, we can't afford him.

Repeat the obvious - we need a quality CB. Cliff isn't that old, he just looks it.

I acutally didn't think Walsall were anything special. After the first 15 minutes, they created very little. But we were very flat.

The full-backs were really crap, but we have no alternatives. The same Grounds that some people thought was player of the season last year and Brown that has been praised during all 3 games he's played this season?

The midfield lacks a playmaker, but we can't afford one. Tubby Baxter could then be pushed forward. Baxter the best playmaker in the league surrounded by Mellor who we raved about and Korey Smith?

The flanks lack the quality of Lee Croft - come back Lee...oh, we can't afford him. That 'Tubby' Lee Croft who didn't score all season and only played well for about the last 10 matches? Montano and Dayton have 1 bad game (having been fantastic in the first) and now we're lacking quality on the wings?

Repeat the obvious - we need a quality CB. Cliff isn't that old, he just looks it.

I acutally didn't think Walsall were anything special. After the first 15 minutes, they created very little. But we were very flat.

How much knee-jerk can you get?

Thought Rooney played well today, the ball was lumped up for him to contend with their centre-backs much too often and that's not the player he is. Create chances and he will score.

Dayton was poor first half, didn't look like he wanted to run at all and when Connor Brown did offer support, he didn't seem like he wanted to utilise it.

Montano was poor too, but he looked tired/injured rather than lazy.

Baxter seemed disinterested, I didn't know what was wrong with him today. He couldn't get the ball under his control at all.

K.Smith on the other hand was the only shining light in the centre.

To be honest he had 3/4 half chances that he didnt produce much with

"

I heard today that the carthorse you refer to is on about six grand a week and that Baxter is not too far behind!"

£600k per annum is about a third of turnover. Do you really believe what you have posted?

The full-backs were really crap, but we have no alternatives.

The midfield lacks a playmaker, but we can't afford one. Tubby Baxter could then be pushed forward.

The flanks lack the quality of Lee Croft - come back Lee...oh, we can't afford him.

They played it perfectly. Stopped our midfield from playing, and mopped up our long balls easily, broke when they could and nicked the goal that won them the game. I was very impressed with them and thought they did a really professional job. Only time we looked dangerous was when we countered, we will be a threat away from home, but we need something different at home Im afraid. I would much prefer to see a CB in, and then Mellor/Rodgers in with Smith and pushing Baxter on, behind either of those 2 who attempted to play upfront on Saturday.

There's a (older) bloke near me who constantly criticises the players, as he did last season. His parting shot on Saturday was "they've changed the orchestra, but they're playing the same tune."

That was my first game of the season and, although it was bit of an ant-climax, it's way to early to jump to any conclusions.

I'm still looking forward to the next home game.

They played it perfectly. Stopped our midfield from playing, and mopped up our long balls easily, broke when they could and nicked the goal that won them the game. I was very impressed with them and thought they did a really professional job. Only time we looked dangerous was when we countered, we will be a threat away from home, but we need something different at home Im afraid. I would much prefer to see a CB in, and then Mellor/Rodgers in with Smith and pushing Baxter on, behind either of those 2 who attempted to play upfront on Saturday.

Sorry, but they were nothing special. If that's a perfect game plan fair enough, but it speaks volumes for the quality of the league. We dropped three clangers in the first quarter of the game. Yes, they were organised and workmanlike but,come on, we were there for the taking and they actually created very little. That's a slight worry. If a basic, organised outfit can beat us then we could be in for a rough time. But you really can't read anything into the first few games.

It is stupid o'clock in the season. Yes, everything looks like it's changed but nothing has changed. However, it really does take time to settle. I remember when they didn't publish a league table for the first few weeks because it was totally pointless. Teams take time to settle, to find fitness and rythm. Anyone jumping to conclusions at this stage really is talking through their proverbial.