The best team won today and I have no compaints. Very well organised and all comfortable on the ball. Tarky was MOM by a mile and people who say Bryne should play instead of Mellor are deluded as he looked like a bloody carthorse when he came on.

Not too despondent as it's early days, Clarke Harris might have made the difference today as ws were a bit lightweight up top. I think we will fare better away from home where we will get a bit more space. I thought Rodgers did well when he came on and I think we need to beef up the midfield perhaps at the expense of a winger.

Much better football to watch and as we progress we will get better...KTF

The best team won today and I have no compaints. Very well organised and all comfortable on the ball. Tarky was MOM by a mile and people who say Bryne should play instead of Mellor are deluded as he looked like a bloody carthorse when he came on.

Not too despondent as it's early days, Clarke Harris might have made the difference today as ws were a bit lightweight up top. I think we will fare better away from home where we will get a bit more space. I thought Rodgers did well when he came on and I think we need to beef up the midfield perhaps at the expense of a winger.

Much better football to watch and as we progress we will get better...KTF

A carthorse up front too in Rooney.

Rooney wasnt the problem...we were carrying montano,baxter and dayton first half! not enough effort in midfeld meaning ( you guessed it) bypass it and hit it long AT the forwards..

I think Rooney was the problem, he looked very slow and both him and MacDonald were both going up for headers half-heartedly. However like you say, we were carrying too many passengers today and looked mentally and physically tired. A week rest and improvement on the training ground and we should be fresh and raring to go next week.

When Rooney starts scoring watch all the moaners disappear into their shell! For :censored:s sake we are two games into the season with a new team and management and we are sitting tenth in the table, yes today was bad, but every single team in the entire world has bad days. Move on!

When Rooney starts scoring watch all the moaners disappear into their shell! For :censored:s sake we are two games into the season with a new team and management and we are sitting tenth in the table, yes today was bad, but every single team in the entire world has bad days. Move on!

This^

Everything I wanted to say but couldn't be arsed

How do you know that?

The way i see it theres no way on earth latics are paying anyone anything close to 3000-3500 a week!

I agree. The maximum won't even be £2000. Baxter was too deep today, in his own half more than theirs.

Thought Rooney played well today, the ball was lumped up for him to contend with their centre-backs much too often and that's not the player he is. Create chances and he will score.

Dayton was poor first half, didn't look like he wanted to run at all and when Connor Brown did offer support, he didn't seem like he wanted to utilise it.

Montano was poor too, but he looked tired/injured rather than lazy.

Baxter seemed disinterested, I didn't know what was wrong with him today. He couldn't get the ball under his control at all.

K.Smith on the other hand was the only shining light in the centre.

A carthorse up front too in Rooney.

Think this is the 1st time I've felt I've had to vote down someone's post. He's played 3 games and already people are making their mind up about him. We're a young team that's only recently been thrown together occasionally they'll play badly, other times they'll no doubt be fantastic, we have a manager that wants to play the right way, it's won't always work but get behind the team and players and it's sure as hell gonna be better than the dross we've had to witness previous seasons.

How many times in the 2 home games so far has Rooney faced towards goal with the ball at his feet, or the ball on his head facing goal for that matter?

Today he was supplied with hoofballs and expected to make miracles.

Our wingers produced very few crosses that he could've cleanly headed and lets be honest, he isn't going to chase down through balls because he's not quick enough to do that.

Get Baxter 10 yards further forward where he can be creative, make the wingers run towards the byline (not turn back and pass inside like Dayton did far too many times today) to produce crosses for him. Get MacDonald to make runs behind the defence for flick-ons to be effective.

We have to utilise a quality striker properly. There's only so much a striker can do with poorly directed hoofballs and a back to goal. Give him service and he will score.

How many times in the 2 home games so far has Rooney faced towards goal with the ball at his feet, or the ball on his head facing goal for that matter?

He won a few flicks but rarely troubled them. Much more to come I'm sure.

Our wingers produced very few crosses that he could've cleanly headed and lets be honest, he isn't going to chase down through balls because he's not quick enough to do that.

Get Baxter 10 yards further forward where he can be creative, make the wingers run towards the byline (not turn back and pass inside like Dayton did far too many times today) to produce crosses for him. Get MacDonald to make runs behind the defence for flick-ons to be effective.

We have to utilise a quality striker properly. There's only so much a striker can do with poorly directed hoofballs and a back to goal. Give him service and he will score.

He won a few flicks but the ball should be sticking more than it did. Much more to come from him I'm sure. Edited by welshgaz

A few questions need answering today.

Oxley, no tempo, everytime he received the ball, he slowed it down so much, that the quick tempo game we're trying to play, never materialised.

Brown, absolute tart, too lightweight, and evertime he got played into a good position on the overlap, he failed to send a telling ball over.

Byrne, wow, to all those that wanted him in instead of Mellor, go hang your heads in shame, sluggish, carthorse like, and when he lost possession on half way and tried 'sprinting' back, I was embarassed for him.

Grounds - not doing enough, when Oxley has got the ball, why doesn't he run back and take the ball off him, and start an attack, rather than standing on half way bollocking Tarky all the time, offers no overlap, meaning he is not an attacking threat.

Dayton, see Brown, absolute fag today, too easily muscled off the ball, no right foot, so always cutting in, but never produced a telling ball, such a disappointment after Stevenage.

Baxter, uninterested, sat too deep, sending hollywood free kicks over that usually went out of play.

Smith, plenty of bark, but spent too much time shouting at everyone else to do their jobs, but didnt excel in his own.

Rooney - waste of space today, another who looked sluggish, granted the ballls into him weren't great, but I expect more from him.

MacDonald - another who didn't do enough, another disappointment after Stevenage.

Manager - knew it was going wrong, but doesn't have the depth we think he has to change it, when the strikers are doing nothing who can he bring on??? - Millar!! exactly, thats why he didn't change it.

Rodgers a massive plus, he came on knocked the ball about, won it back, but his job was too hold, which he told Bxter and Smith when he ran on the pitch, but those two decided to stand next to him, so it never really worked. Tarky MOM, fantastic performance, apart from that slice into the Lookers.

We'll take a battering at Posh next week, then hopefully we'll pick up for the two home games that finish the month.

Edited by alex_balls