life after jose

Firstly i would like to say jose is probably one of -if not the best player in his role in this league. Irreplacable for a club like us

But...

Personally i reckon our team is much more balanced playing a 4-4-2 and i dont believe you can play smith and baxter in the same team comfortably. With the players at our disposal i would rather see a rooney jch partnership up top than playing with a loan striker with baxter behind.

Baxter is a huge loss to anyone at this level but i reckon we have prepared for this all summer and am still confident of a good season without him. I would go as far to say as i wouldnt even look at replacing him with a player in the same mould.

If we were built to play a 4-2-3-1 id be really worried now but we aint.

Good luck to him he did us wonders last year and we wouldnt have stayed up without him but im not overly concerned about his departure.

Firstly i would like to say jose is probably one of -if not the best player in his role in this league. Irreplacable for a club like us

But...

Personally i reckon our team is much more balanced playing a 4-4-2 and i dont believe you can play smith and baxter in the same team comfortably. With the players at our disposal i would rather see a rooney jch partnership up top than playing with a loan striker with baxter behind.

Baxter is a huge loss to anyone at this level but i reckon we have prepared for this all summer and am still confident of a good season without him. I would go as far to say as i wouldnt even look at replacing him with a player in the same mould.

Good luck to him he did us wonders last year and we wouldnt have stayed up without him but im not overly concerned about his departure.

So he's irreplaceable but you're not that bothered about him leaving?

I'm inclined to agree. Our own players up top, not loanees, be it two from jch rooney and mac. Give them a chance to get some understanding going and vie with each other for their places. Korey and Mellor (or Wes) in the middle. Matteo at centre half.

Easy peasy, promoted by mid April!!!

Edited by BlueJazzer

Think lj has known for a while, overall if Baxter going means we can bring in maybe 2 maybe 3 players (1 being a quality cb) we could still be in for a good season. Good look to Baxter, but in my opinion he could have done much better than Sheff U. We always said this season would be a roller coaster. If what you read on here is true replacements could already be on the way.

In a his suited formation he is irreplacable but imo this season he doesnt suit the way we play. Simple really

Agree, especially after Saturdays game, however others do not seem to.

Hopefully the dosh can help strengthen the defence and boy if the lads put in the shift, we should be up there pushing for promotion.

Thanks Jose, disappointed that you went to a horrible club on the wrong side of the Pennines, but you stuck with us through last season and that speaks volumes...

Okay let's move on...Tranmere saturday

Edited by underdog

If we have signed Lopes then I'm confident that Baxter will be soon forgotten. I'm sceptical because this lad is class despite his age.

7 goals from 6 appearances for Portugal U19 & 4 from 6 for U17. 1 from 1 for Man City first team too. Benfica signed him at 11 and City poached him at 16.

Why sugarcoat it?

This is a massive blow.

Nah, a massive blow was him leaving in January and us playing Morecambe and Newport County this season rather than Wolves and Sheff United.

Considering we were in danger of that even with Jose, I think we've done pretty well out of this. It's a setback, but considering how well we played without him last week, to come from behind and win and the chances we created, we're far from doomed. And we've the promise of new signings to strengthen our squad and hopefully defence.

Better than losing him at the end of January when we've settled the team around him.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Nah, a massive blow was him leaving in January and us playing Morecambe and Newport County this season rather than Wolves and Sheff United.

Considering we were in danger of that even with Jose, I think we've done pretty well out of this. It's a setback, but considering how well we played without him last week, to come from behind and win and the chances we created, we're far from doomed. And we've the promise of new signings to strengthen our squad and hopefully defence.

Better than losing him at the end of January when we've settled the team around him.

Agree we played well without him last week but we didn't come from behind :)

Edited cos of stupid iPhone predictive text

Edited by JWhite101

Absolutely gutted. He is the best player i have seen at boundary park in my time. He was a class above the rest. Should have gone to a championship club, but can see why he has chosen Sheffield united... With his wage now freed up lets sign a couple of more players and get heading for the playoffs KTF

Aye, people don't want to admit it, but he has better prospects there. Even if they are only league one, they're one of the top clubs in here and are a lot more likely to get promoted than us. He'll have better exposure there too as Lower League coverage favours the bigger clubs. If he had gone MKDons, Brentford or Peterborough I could see why people are criticising it, but even it's not a giant leap, Sheff United is still a forward step for him.

Aye, people don't want to admit it, but he has better prospects there. Even if they are only league one, they're one of the top clubs in here and are a lot more likely to get promoted than us. He'll have better exposure there too as Lower League coverage favours the bigger clubs. If he had gone MKDons, Brentford or Peterborough I could see why people are criticising it, but even it's not a giant leap, Sheff United is still a forward step for him.

If he went to Peterborough don't think many will have criticised it, they are one of the favourites to be promoted & more than likely will be by end of the season

Wow. Strange but i find myself agreeing with every word of that. Every. Single. Word.

Baxter is class. End of. He was our most talented player.

But, I cant help but have an overiding feeling that him leaving will ironically make us a stronger squad. Best player leaving making team better shocker, but i actually think it will.

Edited by slystallone

But...

Fantastic and entertaining player and great potential but:

13 league goals and 6 assists last season

Better points average without him the team

Is he really the player people think he is?

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I felt this way when Simon Stainrod left us for QPR. His replacement was none other than Roger Palmer. I'm not saying anyone coming in (if they do) will be in his class but players come and go. We are a stronger team than this time last year. We got Jose for nothing, he was instrumental in us staying up last season, with LJ I feel the seeds of hope for the club and we got a fee for Jose.

I wish hime well (except when he plays against us), but I wish he had gone to a Championship club.

I felt this way when Simon Stainrod left us for QPR. His replacement was none other than Roger Palmer. I'm not saying anyone coming in (if they do) will be in his class but players come and go. We are a stronger team than this time last year. We got Jose for nothing, he was instrumental in us staying up last season, with LJ I feel the seeds of hope for the club and we got a fee for Jose.

I wish hime well (except when he plays against us), but I wish he had gone to a Championship club.

I was just thinking the very same thing regarding Stainrod. Swings and roundabouts as it always will be.