North Stand update

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain to me how a topic that relates to the New Stand has suddenly become a cultural debate on the issue of smoking and cost to the NHS - can we please get back on topic.

They were never as good as a Snickers.....then again, i never tried smoking one......

Edited by otid

I want padded seats and a Bovril holder or I'm not coming back.

Two kids in the queue behind me at a non-league game were asking each other what Bovril was - neither had a clue so I tuirned to them and told tehm it was "Liquid Cow". They went for the hot chocolate option

Just to point out most of us make 'selfish' decisions every day, smokers have just become a convenient scapegoat. Most people eat too much salt, too much saturated fat, too much sugar, exercise too little, don't eat enough vegetables, drink too much alcohol, all things we know are proven to be bad for you and can cause a multitude of diseases. Nobody is complaining about people who have a half time pie I notice. My point is, to pick out smokers and smugly tell them what a burden they are on our NHS is pretty ridiculous considering the majority of us are probably doing the same just through different means via our own bad choices. I don't like the smell, I can't see the point in it but it's their choice.

Every time you eat more than your GDA of fat or drink over the recommended daily alcohol intake I assume you absolve yourself of your sins by flogging...

I remember when I played Sunday football I tore my ankle ligaments quite badly. Opposite my seat in the surgery was a poster exhorting us all to take more exercise but when the doctor asked me how I'd done it and I told her she said "well that's your own fault then"

Still give me gip 20 odd years later

• 3 weeks later...

right , cat amongst the pigeons time ;

when the new stand is complete its no use if its empty so I suggest giving chaddy end to away fans for every game . this would allow home fans the better facilities in the RRE , Main stand or new North stand . the whole point of this stand is to raise revenue from fans bars , café ,catering and boxes . its no use fans saying the chaddy is the traditional home end when the facilities are poor ,there are pillars obstructing the view and any crowd noise is restricted by the roof design . there would be a natural migration to the new stand anyway so less fans to make a noise . the RRE is obviously better acoustically so best place to make some noise .

CHADDY END FOR AWAY FANS . BETTER STANDS FOR OLDHAM FANS. you know it makes sense

right , cat amongst the pigeons time ;

when the new stand is complete its no use if its empty so I suggest giving chaddy end to away fans for every game . this would allow home fans the better facilities in the RRE , Main stand or new North stand . the whole point of this stand is to raise revenue from fans bars , café ,catering and boxes . its no use fans saying the chaddy is the traditional home end when the facilities are poor ,there are pillars obstructing the view and any crowd noise is restricted by the roof design . there would be a natural migration to the new stand anyway so less fans to make a noise . the RRE is obviously better acoustically so best place to make some noise .

CHADDY END FOR AWAY FANS . BETTER STANDS FOR OLDHAM FANS. you know it makes sense

I imagine the RRE will be made away fans only if crowds stay at similar levels

It's piss obvious that one stand needs to be offed or at best mothballed when the new one is up. Main Stand is obvious. Let folk swap for the opposite seat, Hey Presto! Only loads of complaining. I'm not sure it would serve our interests to make a barless Chaddy the away end, away fans I would say spend a hell of a lot more in the ground if there is stuff to buy than home fans will.

This stand debate often crops up, for a reason...

Ultimately I think it's a case of money talks, and we need it. Also police/stewarding issues may play a part.

Otherwise I don't see the harm in giving it a trial run for a bit, even now, even just one game. Atmosphere can't get much worse!

And LJ is the one calling for volume. Even if just ten ppl start a chant in the RRE, at least he will hear it..