Kirk Millar

I still think he's :censored:. But that's just my opinion.

Good job your not involved in coaching, LJ said he has the potential to be one of the most gifted players at the club. He worked his ass off got his contract and given time will be as good as Chris Taylor, he needs to bulk up a bit and have a run in the team.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm not so sure

i want him to come good and did have some decent moments but hes still to leightweight and his decion making and passing arent great

for instance Kusunga goes up for a header if he wins it the ball is on the edge of the 18 yard box. Millar runs out wide and Carlisile easily clear or Roonys flick is has ages of time but hits a first time shot with out looking.

I would have rather have clarke harris for his strength on today. Still we won maybe with a run he will improve but if he and ronney start we are going to have to rely on not using high balls because neither can win it

I am often shocked by some comments on here.

This is one of those times.

You obviously didn't go yesterday?

Like him or not, anyone who saw his display yesterday couldn't refer to it as :censored:.

That touch to bring that pass down from Tarky was a sign of a player with a touch of class, got to give him credit, he could have easily been at Hyde Utd by now, He got his head down worked hard and hes getting the well deserved credit.

You obviously didn't go yesterday?

Like him or not, anyone who saw his display yesterday couldn't refer to it as :censored:.

I did actually, I go to every game. I never said he played :censored: yesterday, I just think he's :censored: in general. Pay me a decent wage and I can run around a football pitch like he does.

He's been in and around the first team for about 4? years now and has contributed one vital assist, which was at bury last year. He has no vision, no strength.

The comment about he could be better than Chris Taylor is probably the most ridiculous comment I've ever read on here... And that's saying something... Including posts from mendi and the chaddy end guy.

I did actually, I go to every game. I never said he played :censored: yesterday, I just think he's :censored: in general. Pay me a decent wage and I can run around a football pitch like he does.

He's been in and around the first team for about 4? years now and has contributed one vital assist, which was at bury last year. He has no vision, no strength.

The comment about he could be better than Chris Taylor is probably the most ridiculous comment I've ever read on here... And that's saying something... Including posts from mendi and the chaddy end guy.

So, he is :censored:..... apart from yesterday?

:petesake:

Oh dear.

I would ask the question 6 starts in 4 years....why?

How many different managers?

Yesterday he showed me more than ever that there is actually a decent player there other than the one who earns a contract at the end of the season when its due up.

Some good touches and nice runs and a few decent efforts, Sid and Monty have shown the same this season though

He probably should keep his place but with 20 mins to go I thought we where calling out for the strength of JCH, which as much as Millar will try he doesn't have. Winger maybe but I don't think he will make it up front. Doesn't have the natural insticnt and awareness to play there..he a winger IMO.Needs some consistancy where ever he plays

By the way what's happened to the lad from Newcastle? Have I missed something with that one?

Edited by palmer1

Daniel Taylor is long gone Palmer. Strange one that, brought in at the expense of a couple of our own promising kids who were released to make room for him, then he never got a decent chance. Symptomatic of so many of the younger player under Dickov.

A late season injury probably rubber-stamped his (Taylor's) departure.

So, he is :censored:..... apart from yesterday?

:petesake:

I never said he played good yesterday either, he tried hard and a couple of good touches but did he really offer us any threat yesterday? The one chance he got he fluffed over the bar. Edited by oldhamoafc

He's started six games. Six. I can't slate his contribution over four years based on that.

As I said before, his performances since LJ took over have been improved. I think that improvement is ongoing.

Like somebody mentioned, there's a reason he's started six games in that period.

I never said he played good yesterday either, he tried hard and a couple of good touches but did he really offer us any threat yesterday? The one chance he got he fluffed over the bar.

Fluffed? Oh deary me.

He actually made 3 chances for himself, via clever turns & touches.

1 was deflected narrowly wide for a corner, one was very nearly a worldy; curled in from 20 yards and just flying over the bar as it didnt quite dip enough, and the other was a difficult half volley ge didnt quite control and flew over.

Look, i understad people are more than entitled to differing opinions on players. But, if you're going to bash a player, at least get his contributions correct.

Oh, and as another poster has already corrected you on, Millar has a senior goal to his name, playing as a striker when he scored too...

Edited by slystallone

You have to be so so patient with young homegrown talent. Look at Tarky and the stick he's had as a teenage(!) centre back!

Yes a young player with 0 first team experience will look like a poor player lacking in ability at first, every player will unless they're a prodigal talent.

Give. Them. Time.

Thought he was promising towards the end of last season when I saw him, but that this season whenever he'd come on he was mostly ineffective, nay invisible. But I don't think you play for international U21s because no-one else is available, though.

So it was a relief to see that yesterday he was like a new man! That new haircut and them shiny new boots have done the trick, would be very happy to see more of him on the back of that performance.

Re: shots going over, wide or landing in the roof of the net.. you've got to have a pop for it to go in, as we've seen both for and against us already this season, all it takes is a :censored:ty bounce or a wrong-footing deflection and it's in.

Looked very lightweight again today, seems more confident on the pitch than in the past but im still far for convinced. JCH looks the more dangerous and more potential rough diamond to me

Didn't help his cause that he seemed to be double-marked by two centre-backs twice his size!

Edited by JoeP