Kirk Millar

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The touch to bring the high ball from Tarky down in the first half; facing away from it, on the run, was simply outstanding.

If that was a Premiership player, Shearer et all would be creaming themselves over it.

Bingo. Thought he was superb today and whilst JCH looked like he had a bit of a strop after not coming on instead of Millar, LDJ made the right call for me. It's great to see squad players being given their opportunity and grasping it with both hands.

Grounds and young Philiskirk were MOTM contenders too, both had excellent games. Philiskirk's award will be some consolation to his Dad who gave up his seat for Kavanagh at the end too.

Was my MoM today.

All action display, with some lovely touches; link up play and efforts on goal.

Played himself into the starting X1 for me...

hmm not so sure

i want him to come good and did have some decent moments but hes still to leightweight and his decion making and passing arent great

for instance Kusunga goes up for a header if he wins it the ball is on the edge of the 18 yard box. Millar runs out wide and Carlisile easily clear or Roonys flick is has ages of time but hits a first time shot with out looking.

I would have rather have clarke harris for his strength on today. Still we won maybe with a run he will improve but if he and ronney start we are going to have to rely on not using high balls because neither can win it

hmm not so sure

i want him to come good and did have some decent moments but hes still to leightweight and his decion making and passing arent great

for instance Kusunga goes up for a header if he wins it the ball is on the edge of the 18 yard box. Millar runs out wide and Carlisile easily clear or Roonys flick is has ages of time but hits a first time shot with out looking.

I would have rather have clarke harris for his strength on today. Still we won maybe with a run he will improve but if he and ronney start we are going to have to rely on not using high balls because neither can win it

Erm....

I'll leave it at a simple, agree to disagree

I'm very impressed by his crossing. He seems to be able to deliver a great ball into the box which we lack with Montano and Dayton, who are more inside wingers, and Schmeltz who's tricky.

He wouldn't be my starting XI yet, but continue making cameos like that and he has to be a contender sooner or later.

Good luck to the lad, fought and battled for his contract at the end of last season and it's paid off. Love his desire.

The touch to bring the high ball from Tarky down in the first half; facing away from it, on the run, was simply outstanding.

If that was a Premiership player, Shearer et all would be creaming themselves over it.

That was a funny moment, as a few in the RRE were apoplectic at Tarky for a "terrible ball", while it was in the air and had to calm down very quickly once Millar controlled it...

Played very well today, was impressed. Great work rate. But he wouldn't be in my starting XI just yet, continue to play like that when he gets opportunities then it would be hard to leave him out of the starting like up in the future. Needs to add that goal scoring presence to his game, get in the right areas etc and then he could be some player for us.

Im not a fan of him as a striker and to me all is best moments came yesterday from wide positions. Good crosses, turning in and having long shots from wide areas. As far as being a striker is concerned he was never in the "right" positions.

We've had more crosses i games this season, but have www had as many from on or near the touchline. I'donly seen Millar for the odd 5or10 minutes before but he was excellent yesterday. All the attributes of a very decent winger and i think has goals in him as well.Monty and Sidney need to raise their games on that showing