That fraud case

Why is it :censored:ed? Perhaps like Ritchie's say's other should grasp the helm and run with it. So far as I can see the Trust is there for every supporter to group behind just like it always was.

What does the trust do to help the club

Only that we have another fans initiative in player share which I believe your involved in which is making a tangible difference to the club by contributing to team strengthening.

I'd rather back the one that makes the difference.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it :censored:ed? Perhaps like Ritchie's say's other should grasp the helm and run with it. So far as I can see the Trust is there for every supporter to group behind just like it always was.

The helm should be grasped by the leader, it needs an overhaul. The Trust should be democratically elected by its members. Decisions taken by the membership will be decided on a one member, one vote basis. Along with the club, The Trust will develop strong links with the local community and strive to be accessible to all, discriminating against none. The Trust will encourage young, local participation - playing and supporting - whenever possible.

I contribute to Playershare albeit in a small way and will continues to do so. Like others on here I have had reservations about the way "things were being handled" but now feel confident that steps were being taken to try to protect any monies being given to the fund

I contribute to Playershare albeit in a small way and will continues to do so. Like others on here I have had reservations about the way "things were being handled" but now feel confident that steps were being taken to try to protect any monies being given to the fund

Playershare and Trust funds are completely separate and, as far as I know, Mike Nuttall was never overseeing Playershare finances.

I think that if we ain't prepared to put our heads above the parapet lets not continually carp on about the Trust and what the officers do and don't do. There may be shortcomings,but lets understand the officers are supporters trying to do their best. how many of us are going to put our hands up and help, or do we all think there is too much inane grief that comes across the wall to make it worthwile.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I thought you couldn't challenge the trust directors role?, lets face it, if it is :censored:ed, it's :censored:ed from the top downwards.

7x1v.jpg

Yes, i know, Barry's on holiday again.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The helm should be grasped by the leader, it needs an overhaul. The Trust should be democratically elected by its members. Decisions taken by the membership will be decided on a one member, one vote basis. Along with the club, The Trust will develop strong links with the local community and strive to be accessible to all, discriminating against none. The Trust will encourage young, local participation - playing and supporting - whenever possible.

Sounds like a plan......put ya self up brother I'd vote for ya on that platform. So it's not :censored:ed after all!

Like a lot I've read on here.

All talk.

To what end?

The end should be that's it's our own gang...ours being every single fan that feels a vested interest. A sense of being in a collected group. A group who's soul purpose in being is for the greater good of OAFC. After which in the real world, we sort our own little world's out, that is our own homes first and foremost.

Edited by Lags

But honestly Lags, what is the Trust? What does it actually do these days?

Mine, and also a large number of fellow posters on here, monies went into purchasing the vaunted 3%, but - these days - other than a chariman in a flawed dual role, sitting on the board - what is it? What does it do?

I think if i actually knew the answer to the question, i'd be able to assess whether or not i'd be intereted in 'grasping the helm'.

The issues are large, wide ranging and now, due to the court case, very much out in the public domain. Yet still, i'm really unsure of what the Trust is all about in 2013-2014. Heck, i have been since it got the 3%...

This site has raised an awful lot of money for the club as well as peripheral organisations such as PlayerShare and I'm not overstating when I say it wouldn't exist without that man who's "all talk".

I'm pretty sure I didn't cast any aspersions, merely that a lot of posts about the Trust, including the post in question, are all talk. Backseat drivers if you will. An active part isn't played, but a very vocal moan must be had.

Now forgive me if your leader is going to join the Trust, take the bull by the horns and :censored: liquid gold in the morning, but somehow I don't think it will be the case.

This one of the problems with an internet forum. Nobody knows who anyone is.

So, mister/miss/ms blueatheart, what do you do for the club? If we take out the horns and liquid gold we're left with bull:censored:, right?

Me? :censored: all. I haven't even been to a game for three years. But hey, the internet's free innit, I can spout whatever opinion I like. Doesn't make it worth anything.

This site has raised an awful lot of money for the club as well as peripheral organisations such as PlayerShare and I'm not overstating when I say it wouldn't exist without that man who's "all talk".

This site has raised tens of thousands of pounds for OAFC, something that we're all immensely proud of.

I'm pretty sure I didn't cast any aspersions, merely that a lot of posts about the Trust, including the post in question, are all talk. Backseat drivers if you will. An active part isn't played, but a very vocal moan must be had.

Now forgive me if your leader is going to join the Trust, take the bull by the horns and :censored: liquid gold in the morning, but somehow I don't think it will be the case.

So what are all those who aren't back seat drivers and aren't all talk doing and what difference are they making to oafc?

Only I can see playershare has people willing to make a difference and it's delivering something it might not be able to afford Gareth bale but atleast it's helping.

It's something tangible and something the fans can get behind. What's the incentive to join the trust?

I also don't know how the Trust works but this is a sound enough series of asks. The devil is in the detail. Massively in favour of democratic elections for Trust Chair - not because I want Barry out (Barry has experience, which counts for a lot) but because I believe any Chair could fulfil the role better if they were propelled by that response mechanism.