That fraud case

I second what underdog says. The only money that ever leaves the playershare account is payed directly to the club so any thing else would stick out a mile. Also the trust banking procedures were different to ours and have now been updated and lessons quite obviously learned from the trust. I can assure you that other trust directors were devastated when this discovery was made and every effort put in to make sure justice prevailed.

I will also add the trust are also looking at re-couping the money from bank due to their part in all this although i am not part of 'the trust' i have been told this from the directors and that is about as far as i can go on the matter.

Hope this clears a few issues up

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not my leader; he's my friend. And, as I said, he's anything but 'all talk'.

People don't see how much work goes into this site behind the scenes (not saying they should - it's just the nature of it) and rummy has put in more than anyone else, in spite of having lost an awful lot of love for Latics during the time since we set OWTB up.

I can't imagine between this site, his job and his family, he would have time to 'take the bull by the horns' but it doesn't mean he can't voice an opinion on the Trust's shortcomings or suggest how its performance might be improved.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ljNnUflLmk

• 1 month later...

I have just got home, having served 44 days at Her Majesty's pleasure, the same number of days that Brian Clough 'reigned' at Leeds United.

Thank you to those who supported me, you know who you are. I am happy to answer any questions that people that might have, now that the legal proceedings are out of the way and I have served my time.

I just want to clarify a few points

• My fraud related to Trust Oldham 'only' and not Playershare
  • The last fraudulent cheque was written in May 2012, but I continued to hold the cheque book until May 2013, so to the person who said I would've carried on if I hadn't been caught...not so, to put it politely
  • I was not suspended by the Trust, as bombastically suggested by Barry Owen for the benefit of the press. I simply walked away in mid-May 2013, when I left the borough of Oldham. The investigation into my wrongdoing began in July 2013, two months later
  • I did not suffer a mental breakdown following the investigation, as wrongly reported by the Chron
  • Barry Owen's 'victim statement' was directly responsible for the harshness of my sentence, as confirmed by a barrister
  • The sentence was harsh, in the view of a barrister and I was encouraged to appeal my sentence. The starting point was 18 weeks, from which I should have received a third of for pleading guilty, so 12 weeks rather than the 16 I got. I chose to just do my time, rather than put my family through more :censored:e
  • My time was served on 'B' Wing of HMP Manchester (aka Strangeways), where I met a certain Lenny Hilton, who will be known to some on here. As crazy as he is, it was nice to have somebody to talk to about Latics

I'm delighted to see that Latics are in a significantly better position now than when I went inside in late October. Long may this continue. I now need to focus on getting employment, in order that I can begin to put right the finances of Trust Oldham Limited (or Oldham Athletic Supporters Foundation Limited, which I believe it is now known as).

I have just got home, having served 44 days at Her Majesty's pleasure, the same number of days that Brian Clough 'reigned' at Leeds United.

Thank you to those who supported me, you know who you are. I am happy to answer any questions that people that might have, now that the legal proceedings are out of the way and I have served my time.

I just want to clarify a few points

• My fraud related to Trust Oldham 'only' and not Playershare
  • The last fraudulent cheque was written in May 2012, but I continued to hold the cheque book until May 2013, so to the person who said I would've carried on if I hadn't been caught...not so, to put it politely
  • I was not suspended by the Trust, as bombastically suggested by Barry Owen for the benefit of the press. I simply walked away in mid-May 2013, when I left the borough of Oldham. The investigation into my wrongdoing began in July 2013, two months later
  • I did not suffer a mental breakdown following the investigation, as wrongly reported by the Chron
  • Barry Owen's 'victim statement' was directly responsible for the harshness of my sentence, as confirmed by a barrister
  • The sentence was harsh, in the view of a barrister and I was encouraged to appeal my sentence. The starting point was 18 weeks, from which I should have received a third of for pleading guilty, so 12 weeks rather than the 16 I got. I chose to just do my time, rather than put my family through more :censored:e
  • My time was served on 'B' Wing of HMP Manchester (aka Strangeways), where I met a certain Lenny Hilton, who will be known to some on here. As crazy as he is, it was nice to have somebody to talk to about Latics

I'm delighted to see that Latics are in a significantly better position now than when I went inside in late October. Long may this continue. I now need to focus on getting employment, in order that I can begin to put right the finances of Trust Oldham Limited (or Oldham Athletic Supporters Foundation Limited, which I believe it is now known as).

How were the showers?

On a serious note, how were the living conditions?

Is it as cushty as the Daily Mail suggests?

Firstly, what are you doing reading the Daily Mail?

The conditions are clearly far easier than they were back in 1990 when the riot happened, but it is far from cushty in there. Put it this way, I don't ever want to go back. Please feel free to ask individual questions about the day-to-day of life in there and I'll answer as best I can...

Are you going to attend matches again?

I don't feel like I can, not for a while anyway. It's a pride thing, I guess. Even if people aren't talking about me, I'll feel like they are, just like the day when the story broke and I was in Tesco in Failsworth, feeling like everybody was giving me the double-take. I let too many people down and I couldn't look them in the eye. When all the money is repaid, then, maybe.

Attention seeking much?

"Feel free to ask me questions about what it's like inside?"

No shame?

I can feel this thread getting locked.

Served his time, hasn't he?

As I remember being advised by certain parties a few years ago, surely we should not "pass moral judgement"?

Served his time, hasn't he?

As I remember being advised by certain parties a few years ago, surely we should not "pass moral judgement"?

True. Had it been me though, I wouldn't be putting my head above the parapet any time soon. Especially to start answering questions about my time inside within a day or two of coming home.

Each to their own I suppose.

Have you seen the picture that was in the Evening News along with the story?

Yeah, they got my best side, huh? That was taken outside Oldham Magistrates after the initial hearing.

What's the food like?

Pretty rubbish, but they're catering for 1,200 prisoners over 10 separate wings, so you don't expect much. And it's a prison...

True. Had it been me though, I wouldn't be putting my head above the parapet any time soon. Especially to start answering questions about my time inside within a day or two of coming home.

Each to their own I suppose.

Yep, each to their own. If people have a genuine interest, then they can ask and I'll answer. If not, then folk can ignore.

Get to the matches if that's what you want to do, you're free to do so. Like every other free man. I agree your biggest punishment as now started since your release, the living with yourself amongst your peers. Some peers will sneer and seek to kick you now you're down. Others wont. For me you got it badly wrong taking from your fella supporters and for that no doubt you now live the shame daily in your mind. Re-build your life Mike, pay the money back, mend some bridges. You can't do anything about those who harbour ill thoughts of you however, you don't have to take :censored:.