What a good do

I thought Swindon bullied Millar a little bit today, he couldn't get in to the game. Was screaming out for LJ to bring JCH on and when he did the game swung back our way.

Great finish by Philiskirk and I don't think they caused us too many problems overall.

Good win going in to Tuesday!

Brilliant today great character . Didn't quite happen for millar today ,he should of buried that header 15 minutes in .

Winchester can push on and make the RB position his now . IMO he's an all round better full back than brown and lanzoni . Looked strong in the challenge and assured going forward .

Grounds was immense again and assist for the winner was a peach .

Ranger looked decent for them but tarky and kusunga were solid .

Dayton always looks shattered after an hour , I think he's ljs first pick out wide because of his positional sense to help out his full back .

Wes and smith outstanding . Will only take another defeat for people on here to be calling out the need for an 'attacking centre mid ' . Nonsense .

Philliskirk wasn't utilised as well in the second half . Such a clever player , great first touch and awareness . Great movement for his goal .

Rooney worked his balls off today looked really up for it . Could of done with millars chance falling to him .

JCH was a definite turning point in us getting back on top .

Oxley was very lucky to get away with spilling the ball at 1-0 and his head seem to go a little . A Positive about oxley - how often did bouzanis smash the ball out for throw ins last year ? His distribution is consistently good . Need to stick by him .

Brilliant today great character . Didn't quite happen for millar today ,he should of buried that header 15 minutes in .

Winchester can push on and make the RB position his now . IMO he's an all round better full back than brown and lanzoni . Looked strong in the challenge and assured going forward .

Grounds was immense again and assist for the winner was a peach .

Ranger looked decent for them but tarky and kusunga were solid .

Dayton always looks shattered after an hour , I think he's ljs first pick out wide because of his positional sense to help out his full back .

Wes and smith outstanding . Will only take another defeat for people on here to be calling out the need for an 'attacking centre mid ' . Nonsense .

Philliskirk wasn't utilised as well in the second half . Such a clever player , great first touch and awareness . Great movement for his goal .

Rooney worked his balls off today looked really up for it . Could of done with millars chance falling to him .

JCH was a definite turning point in us getting back on top .

Oxley was very lucky to get away with spilling the ball at 1-0 and his head seem to go a little . A Positive about oxley - how often did bouzanis smash the ball out for throw ins last year ? His distribution is consistently good . Need to stick by him .

Couldn't make it today but my 1 major gripe with Oxly is the amount of times he kicks it straight out on the left hand side, I find it so frustrating

we need to keep that back 4 for a whole in my opinion... very solid today and they only bothered us once or twice, plus we have our OWN left back in his natural position, wes and smith outstanding as usual (how any of that pair get stick i will never know) and good mention for JCH worked his socks off and have their centre halves something new to think about after sussing out millar! well done LJ for today you got the team right and tactics/substitutions

Good stuff today, the confident play was still there but apart from a sloppy spell after the break the pressing and work rate was there in abundance. Wes was fantastic today and summed the performance up although Swindon looked one of the poorer sides ive seen at BP for a while considering their league position

Good stuff today, the confident play was still there but apart from a sloppy spell after the break the pressing and work rate was there in abundance. Wes was fantastic today and summed the performance up although Swindon looked one of the poorer sides ive seen at BP for a while considering their league position

Agree with this - on a par with Tranmere for worse team to come to BP so far but at least we beat these!

When they had space they looked a good team certainly not a poor side . They have a few tidy players . Byrne , the holding number 15 and ranger impressed me . it was our pressing and tempo front to back that won us the points .

Completely disagree with that. Without creating very much they passed the ball really well in the first half (much like orient did) but we pressed them all over the pitch and forced them backwards. I was impressed with how comfortable they were on the ball, Ranger up front, the number 8 and the right back all stood out for me in possession. A much better side than PNE but today we finished our chances and were very effective in winning the ball back. Maybe we've learnt some lessons from the games we've dominated but taken nothing from.

Swindon possibly the best side (barring Derby) at BP this season. Very strong at the back and with excellent ball players in midfield.

For once it was us that WON the game, it wasn't handed to us. We harried them NON-STOP, passed it when we got it and then added that physical approach second half with JCH.

Wes, DP and Winchester absolutely outstanding for 90 mins, while Kusunga and Tarky kept a championship/premiership class CF very quiet for large parts.

Best performance of the season for me. Well done LJ and good luck Swindon, keep playing football the proper way.

I'm glad we are not sat here cursing our bad luck on a sat night. Which we could have done had we not recovered from a freakish own goal.

Instead we rolled up our sleeves and went again. Terrific header from Philly for the winner we need to see more of that from our strikers beat the defenders to the ball. Super ball in from grounds still believe he's better at lb

Other positives

Thought kusungu did well at the back strong and composed.

Wes put himself about really well and is benefiting from playing with more freedom. We always get 100% effort from him but this season the shackles are off.

Winchester what a strike that was! And his all round game was good the cross in the first half for miller was sublime to and he got forward and gave width a couple of times in the second half he nearly got caught out with the long diagnal ball but overall superb.

Jch think he showed what he is today an impact sub but as Matt smith showed last season a big physical player coming off the bench can be very effective when your chasing the game he gave us the extra impetus to win the game.

Nice to enjoy our sat night roll on tomorrow and the fa cup draw

Swindon possibly the best side (barring Derby) at BP this season. Very strong at the back and with excellent ball players in midfield.

Interesting how views differ - I thought Swindon were terrible and only really rallied at the start of the second-half. They seemed unable to keep the ball and created absolutely nothing in the first-half - in fact didn't their fans cheer ironically when they had their first shot on goal in the second-half?

For once it was us that WON the game, it wasn't handed to us. We harried them NON-STOP, passed it when we got it and then added that physical approach second half with JCH.

Wes, DP and Winchester absolutely outstanding for 90 mins, while Kusunga and Tarky kept a championship/premiership class CF very quiet for large parts.

Best performance of the season for me. Well done LJ and good luck Swindon, keep playing football the proper way.

This I completely with - I think we made Swindon look incompetent because we played well and LJ got his tactics spot on.

Edited by JoeP