What a good do

I thought Swindon looked a lot like us TBH - granted playing a 3-5-1-1, but for me - there were a lot of similarities.

Small in stature players, but quick and comfortable on the ball.

2 central midfielders who, whilst protecting the back 3 (4 for us!) - still look to get on the ball and drive on, and a CF who, for his size, doesn't actually win as much in the air as he should.

It was, IMO, a cracking game to watch. They came to play, to win it the "right way" if you will, and that actually played into out hands, as it made for an open match.

It thought LJ, Muzza and team got their selection and tactics spot on today. High tempo, high press, and lookig to utilise wide men cutting in-field.

Take a bow Wes. Unbelievable shift, and also a composed display on the ball too. His drive and will to get forward to continue the team pressure was immense. Got 2 shots at goal again also.

Defensive minded? My arse!!!!

Today showed once and for all that 4-4-2 is Not defensive. It showed that Wes and the also superb Korey Smith can play together, and that finally, they are not holding midfielders simply becuase both can tackle...

We won that midfield battle and so the game too today; simply by doing the kind of stuff that some have chosen to use as sticks to beat Wes, Smith & LJ with recently.

Also thought there were performaces of note from Winchester, Philliskirk, Kusunga and Rooney. As a team, no-one had a poor game; all contributed to a cracking game, and to a great 3 points.

Oh - and special mention to the older fan in the MSP who chose 2 fantastic moments to shout abuse at Carl Winchester. 1 just before he put in a cracking cross; the other - Winchester you prick - was shouted no more than 30secs before he crashed in that beauty. I haven't milked a celebration as much in ages, loved giving it back to the fool. He didn't even clap the goal. Beggars belief some of fan base; it really does.

Anyways, great 3 points and great game!!

Oxley was very lucky to get away with spilling the ball at 1-0 and his head seem to go a little . A Positive about oxley - how often did bouzanis smash the ball out for throw ins last year ? His distribution is consistently good . Need to stick by him .

Didn't go to Wolves eh? Felt like every kick was into touch.

I thought Swindon looked a lot like us TBH - granted playing a 3-5-1-1, but for me - there were a lot of similarities.

2 central midfielders who, whilst protecting the back 3 (4 for us!) - still look to get on the ball and drive on, and a CF who, for his size, doesn't actually win as much in the air as he should.

It was, IMO, a cracking game to watch. They came to play, to win it the "right way" if you will, and that actually played into out hands, as it made for an open match.

It thought LJ, Muzza and team got their selection and tactics spot on today. High tempo, high press, and lookig to utilise wide men cutting in-field.

Take a bow Wes. Unbelievable shift, and also a composed display on the ball too. His drive and will to get forward to continue the team pressure was immense. Got 2 shots at goal again also.

Today showed once and for all that 4-4-2 is Not defensive. It showed that Wes and the also superb Korey Smith can play together, and that finally, they are not holding midfielders simply becuase both can tackle...

We won that midfield battle and so the game too today; simply by doing the kind of stuff that some have chosen to use as sticks to beat Wes, Smith & LJ with recently.

Also thought there were performaces of note from Winchester, Philliskirk, Kusunga and Rooney. As a team, no-one had a poor game; all contributed to a cracking game, and to a great 3 points.

Oh - and special mention to the older fan in the MSP who chose 2 fantastic moments to shout abuse at Carl Winchester. 1 just before he put in a cracking cross; the other - Winchester you prick - was shouted no more than 30secs before he crashed in that beauty. I haven't milked a celebration as much in ages, loved giving it back to the fool. He didn't even clap the goal. Beggars belief some of fan base; it really does.

I agree with Sly, they did remind me of us in many respects,

The fact they have been in the play off zone suggests Latics aren't that far away,

Today although the same midfield 2 we didn't see them sitting too deep, this has been my main bone of contention with them in the past, hopefully now resolved.

Very good displays all round, especially Winchester and Kusugna, not convinced about Dayton though, he seems to have major stamina issues.

Strange that Sydney didn't appear to want to run from the halfway line in stoppage time ?

Edited by BP1960

Hmm, did Mark Cooper really think that was a cross from Winchester?

"Oldham went in front with a freak goal but in the second half we started much better and got ourselves back into it."

Decent blocke actually. We see a lot of idiotic managers where i am in the MSP, but he was calm, measured and had decent dealings with the "lively" fans who sit in & around me.

Hmm, did Mark Cooper really think that was a cross from Winchester?

"Oldham went in front with a freak goal but in the second half we started much better and got ourselves back into it."

Slightly ironic, considering how their equaliser came about..

Decent blocke actually. We see a lot of idiotic managers where i am in the MSP, but he was calm, measured and had decent dealings with the "lively" fans who sit in & around me.

He took the undeserved abuse off the regular 16 year old gob :censored:e in front of me particularly well I thought

Edited by JWhite101

I think he used to sit in front of us ,but has moved further down towards chaddy end, I miss him in a sort of perverse way as he has a history of slagging off match winners.